Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The same QB who is on a league record pace in the TO category, with the Two pretenders at the tackles position and aging defense in which over half the salary is committed TO? UNLESS Cowher is a miracle worker in which we all know he's not by his choke jobs
    I say No thanks. If you going to clean house start fresh.
    That's what happens to a team built by Cowher & Colbert is replaced by a team built by Tomlin & Colbert. You become a loser but at least you get the catchy 1 line phrases that comes with Tomlin's press conferences.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

The same QB who is on a league record pace in the TO category, with the Two pretenders at the tackles position and aging defense in which over half the salary is committed TO? UNLESS Cowher is a miracle worker in which we all know he's not by his choke jobs
    We both know Ben played well under Cowher. Why isn't he now?

No excuse for Ben's TO problem. Being careless with the football would be an understatement.

This is what happens when a team built by Cowher & Colbert is replaced by a team built by Tomlin & Colbert. You become a loser but at least you get the catchy 1 line phrases that comes with Tomlin's press conferences.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

And he played well for Tomlin, 1SB WIN and another appearance. It might just be Ben on the downside of his career, coaching can't make a player not throw ints or hold the ball like a loaf of bread. Besides things that you do long enough there will always be Defensive C to exploit it.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Like I said in my previous statement.... Cowher's biggest flaw was the QB position. When he got one, he one the SB. He would still have one and I think he could turn this team around QUICKLY.

...and he wouldn't had gotten that one QB if he had gotten his way. We would have ended up with Shawn Andrews at OT. Thank God Rooney stepped in.

Cowher never valued the QB position in his just don't make a mistake approach which is why he never had a good one. That is the reason he was a play off failure when you need a star QB to win the big one.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Part of the reason this team is in the crapper is because we held onto old players for too long. No thank you.. Cowher is too old school IMO. We would probably have an improved running game but the D would still stink at critical times and our passing game and OL protection would still be a problem.

..and the ST's would REALLY suck.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We seem to love bringing back players, why not a coach?
    As Don Henley once said "Don't look back. You can never look back."

Maybe the solution is to look at others teams that have turned things around and see what they are doing?
    Lets look outside of Pittsburgh....

Hall of Famer
    Hold that thought.Yeah. shh, shh, shh, shh.Come on. Come here. Come here. Come on.Come on, everyoneAll right, this is it.This is the play.kay. This is the play.This is the play. kay?The quarterback. Two receiverslined up to the left, one to the right.There's a flanker lined up to the leftbehind the quarterback.uh, okay.He gives the ball...No, he doesn't get the ball.The receiver goesall the way over there to the left. once the quarterback has the ball,he fakes to the left.No. He fakes to the right.He doesn't fakeHe thinks about faking e pretends to fake.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Because now they aren't aggressive. They are so concerned with TOP that they've slowed down their own QB.

Ben made a career out of being a fast starter, now it's just trying to be deliberate, plodding, sloooooooooooooooow, craaaaaaaaawl, all for the sake of TOP.

88.4 (accident year)

62.0 (shoulder)

-------------------------

Those are Ben's first quarter QB rankings from years 2004-2009.

But then, after Art demanded a commitment to the run after 2009?

See the change? They've taken a QB who kicked ass early in games, set the pace, and slowed him down.

And now the team's paying for it because when you try to steal wins late? Sometimes your the windshield, and sometimes your the the bug.

All because resting our defense became the priority.
    So it's Rooney's fault that Ben runs the hurry up so slow we get a delay of game penalty? I see

So it's Rooney's fault that Ben holds on to the ball so long that he gets sacked and it takes us out of FG range? I see

So it's Rooney's fault that, down by seven and on the seven yard line, where the only thing you can't do is throw short of the goal line or take a sack Ben takes a sack? I see

So it's Rooney's fault that when Ben does one of his magical escapes from a D lineman he looks downfield and overthrows his receiver instead of running for the 1st down and keep the drive alive? I see

Thanks for pointing this out to me.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>