Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the personnel department is the real reason for this debacle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But at the same time if anyone think the answer to LT is on the bench or on this team period is fooling themselves.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

They have hit on some recent picks, and missed on some. I'm not sure they have missed at any greater numbers recently than any other years. I think a few things have happened.

1) Lost many key vets in a very short period of time. Leadership void.
    2) Missed on high picks of similar position...ie OL.
    3) I also think Tomlin has been finally exposed. He inherited much leadership and old school Steeler mentality. But, when his leaders left he didn't find a way to continue that tradition and mentality.
    4) Lebeau has been a great coach, but I think his schemes are stale. We need a new young D minded guy to shake things up.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    As crazy as it sounds I'm not ready to give up on Adams... especially after seeing him get abused by J. Allen in England after arriving on Friday.

The real issue is the lack of help when it was obvious he couldn't handle him 1 on 1. We should have ran at Allen ALL DAY... chipped him the whole second half. Kept a RB in just to help.. we did none of those things and that is the real issue.

As far as Starks is concerned.. he sucks but even if he is better than Adams we weren't bringing him back because we can't afford him. It's obvious this team has money problems and we are signing the cheapest of the cheap.
    That's not accurate at all. #1 - He was cheaper than Guy Whimper. We willingly chose to sign the worst tackle in the league instead of a player that performed decent last year at LT. The standard is the standard.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That's not accurate at all. #1 - He was cheaper than Guy Whimper. We willingly chose to sign the worst tackle in the league instead of a player that performed decent last year at LT. The standard is the standard.
    if he was cheaper than Whimper then I agree... should have kept him. Maybe this is all part of the Ben 2.0.. get rid of all his friends and weapons so they can rebuild him into their liking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cheaper than Whimper, but by looking at his 2013 NFL career, still overpriced.

Fired by the Steelers ... Fired by the Bolts ... and did I just hear he was benched by the Rams this weekend?

Adams is our weak link, but I don't think Starks would have been any better, based on 2 other HC evaluations this year.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Max plays better for Ben plays better for Max.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was certainly solid last season. Gave up only 1-2 sacks all season? He's all of a sudden that bad? Wonder what happened

Legend

User Info Menu

hmmm, last 4-5 years, what could it be, what could it be?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Even in preseason, Ben looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket and he doesn't trust his LT which is obviously a big problem. Ben has always been an advocate of Starks and he trusted Starks protecting his blind side. The bottom line is the guy could have been brought back for CHEAP especially after the Chargers cut him. At a minimum, that would have been a solid insurance policy incase injuries happen. Having 1 guy backup all positions & another guy that is ill-prepared to play doesn't seem like a solid strategy for a game day roster when this team has a history of injuries and poor play on the o-line..
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    hmmm, last 4-5 years, what could it be, what could it be?
    One thing I give Cowher credit for is finding talent to stock his roster , but with that said he still was the biggest choker with talent that ever have coached for the Steelers.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]