Thread: Antonio Brown On Pace...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown On Pace...

...in a GOOD way!!

412 yards = #4 in the NFL
    32 catches = #4 in the NFL
    103 YpG = #7 in the NFL

If he keeps this up, he will break the single season reception and yards records for the Steelers and score a respectable 8 TDs...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...in a GOOD way!!

412 yards = #4 in the NFL
    32 catches = #4 in the NFL
    103 YpG = #7 in the NFL

If he keeps this up, he will break the single season reception and yards records for the Steelers and score a respectable 8 TDs...
    There's a good likelihood he breaks those records; it appears that the Steelers will be playing from behind for the majority of the season. On a positive note, just think how many times he'll be able to make a catch, stand up, point the ball at the goal line and then drop it.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers kept the right WR. If Brown stays healthy he will end up one of the Steelers all time leaders in WR stats. Some of the catches he makes are highlight versions.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    There's a good likelihood he breaks those records; it appears that the Steelers will be playing from behind for the majority of the season. On a positive note, just think how many times he'll be able to make a catch, stand up, point the ball at the goal line and then drop it.

Pappy
    Could care less what he does as long as he makes the catch. Iif that motivates him keep it up.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Statistics and records don't win games so as a fan it won't mean jack when our woeful season finally comes to a close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Could care less what he does as long as he makes the catch. Iif that motivates him keep it up.
    It looks foolish when you're getting your @ss handed to you and that counts in my eyes. The great Steeler teams rarely celebrated as individuals, but always as a team, as far as I'm concerned, AB can walk when his contract is done. The Steelers need more Heath Millers, Troy Polamalus, Ike Taylor type personalities and not the "look at me, I'm good" crowd.

Just my opinion, I never liked grandstanding and never will, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Franco were consummate pros to me, do the job, find your teammates and celebrate. there's no need to show up the other team.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It looks foolish when you're getting your @ss handed to you and that counts in my eyes. The great Steeler teams rarely celebrated as individuals, but always as a team, as far as I'm concerned, AB can walk when his contract is done. The Steelers need more Heath Millers, Troy Polamalus, Ike Taylor type personalities and not the "look at me, I'm good" crowd.

Just my opinion, I never liked grandstanding and never will, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Franco were consummate pros to me, do the job, find your teammates and celebrate. there's no need to show up the other team.

Pappy
    Ike swag Taylor from T square university who waves his hand over his face after every incompletion?If Ike could catch onw could ompy imagine the names and celebrations he would come up with...

You sound "get off my lawn" old and if we had a team of Heaths we would be 0-16 every year. Redman is still on the team because he is a "professional"

If you really want AB gone because of his dances and first down gestures then you really need to find a new sport because that old era isnt coming back.

I know why everyone loves humble Heath but this is ridiculous. Might as well tell the fans to stop screaming Heeeeath bexause it shows the other team up and promotes him over the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ike swag Taylor from T square university who waves his hand over his face after every incompletion?If Ike could catch onw could ompy imagine the names and celebrations he would come up with...

You sound "get off my lawn" old and if we had a team of Heaths we would be 0-16 every year. Redman is still on the team because he is a "professional"

If you really want AB gone because of his dances and first down gestures then you really need to find a new sport because that old era isnt coming back.

I know why everyone loves humble Heath but this is ridiculous. Might as well tell the fans to stop screaming Heeeeath bexause it shows the other team up and promotes him over the team.
    I'm not sure where you're coming from exactly. The best teams in the league have Heath Miller types. You don't see Wes Welker "ball-dropping" after every first down. And if it makes sense for anyone to do it, it's a guy who's on a winning team.

I like AB and I don't want to see him leave because of the antics. He's a gamer and seems to be stepping his game up on a team that's been playing bad. I'd just like to see him grow up a little. Celebrating can be good when it's done to fire up your teammates. But AB seems to be more interested in looking for a camera than looking to pickup his teammates.

Speaking of firing up your teammates, someone needs to be in Adams' ear hole. I don't recall ever seeing a lineman stand out in such a bad way. If ever there was a time for Ben to scream at somone, Adams has earned it. He looks like he was just stabbed last week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I'm well on my way to other activities than professional sports, maybe Taylor is a bad example but you get the idea. Take the 70s teams, who thought they were all that and celebrated after every 5 yard catch, sack, fumble recovery, interception like they won the Super Bowl? Bradshaw? Blount? Ham? Lambert? Russell? Franco? Swann? Stallworth? Webster? Greene? Greenwood? Really, the greatest team of all time and they went about their business like professionals, I miss them.

This year's team is bad, you'd think AB did something of note every time he makes a catch, when in reality, he's doing what he's paid to do.

0-16 with a team full of Heaths, highly unlikely, he's a top 10 player at his position and if the team had even close to the top 10 talent at every position (a team full of Heaths) they would be contenders every year, not 0-16.

I am "get off my lawn", the lack of respect shown by young adults today is alarming to us "get off my lawn" generation folks, sorry that having a little respect for people is such a daunting task in today's world.

Edited to correct the final sentence.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-30-2013 at 01:27 PM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bettis constantly celebrated after first downs...he's pretty revered. I really don't mind the antics either, just make plays and don't be outrageous with it (like Plax spiking the ball mid play)
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285