Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown On Pace...

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it really antics or is it more tomfoolery or shenanigans or buffoonery? Maybe it's just a touch of madcap or a bit of a lark on his behalf.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Agreed. He's a hard worker and a good player.

But I still don't care for all the antics.
    I hear you... I just think it's odd when some say they are embarrassed to be Steeler fans because of his antics. There are a ton of reason's to be embarrassed this year but Brown is far down the list.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't it Noll who said something like when you get a TD or make a great play, act like you've been there/done that before?

Didn't Cowher pull someone (A.Smith?) off the field by his nose after some showboating and say, "We don't do that here in Pgh, ... son".

Didn't AB cost us yardage with his "hey, look at me, look at me, look at me" antics, maybe more than once?

I know for sure because I remember throwing things at the TV once ... AB was so busy celebrating that he missed the "run to the line and snap the next play NOW" that the rest of the team did. A play last year in a game we lost. Am I saying we would have made the playoffs and then won the SB if he hadn't done that? Do I blame HIM for keeping us from Lombardi #7 with that play? Look, I'm a reasonable guy, the answer is of course ... YES!!!!

It's showboating and grandstanding, which is not good IMO, and I am proud that my son who is now of age to make his own decisions feels the same way about that. So, "get off my lawn" is a statement of values, not a reflection of gray hair.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's both...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Is it really antics or is it more tomfoolery or shenanigans or buffoonery? Maybe it's just a touch of madcap or a bit of a lark on his behalf.
    All of the above

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jumping up and "hi-fiving" with the side of their bodies. Shoving eachother hard enough where they fall down. Slapping eachother on the tops of their helmets.... we can all name numerous acts of celebration with today's young NFL players. This is a young man's sport played by very young over grown, heavily testosteroned men. If what they do after a play fires them up and even more important, fire up and inspire their team mates to do better when the whole team as a collective is playong poorly... then continue. Do I necessarily agree with it? NO... but I am not in that locker room nor am I experiencing the brotherhood that surely exists on a typical B&G team. Whatever motivates these young men to play at a higher level, whether its an arse chewing by a spitting coach, or an inspired play by a team mate with a subsequent dance after... as long as it is igniting great play on the team, I am all for it.

Of note... if we were 4-0 right now and atop the division, we wouldn't be discussing this. Just MHO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jeez, Brown is playing like the #1 WR no one thought he could be and here we are picking him apart because of his enthusiasm. I wouldn't do it but he is still a young man, lets just let him be one success in a sea of failures.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Jumping up and "hi-fiving" with the side of their bodies. Shoving eachother hard enough where they fall down. Slapping eachother on the tops of their helmets.... we can all name numerous acts of celebration with today's young NFL players. This is a young man's sport played by very young over grown, heavily testosteroned men. If what they do after a play fires them up and even more important, fire up and inspire their team mates to do better when the whole team as a collective is playong poorly... then continue. Do I necessarily agree with it? NO... but I am not in that locker room nor am I experiencing the brotherhood that surely exists on a typical B&G team. Whatever motivates these young men to play at a higher level, whether its an arse chewing by a spitting coach, or an inspired play by a team mate with a subsequent dance after... as long as it is igniting great play on the team, I am all for it.

Of note... if we were 4-0 right now and atop the division, we wouldn't be discussing this. Just MHO.
    100% agree, if the Steelers were 4-0 no one care (even me, I still wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't care), unfortunately, they are 0-4 and they are celebrating doing the basic things, which this year is probably reason to celebrate, since anything above the basic fundamentals seems to elude the entire team. On second thought, celebrate away, basic fundamentals are the new standard around this version of the Steelers.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A kid on my daughters U-8 soccer teams does the dirty bird every time he kicks the ball without falling. It's cute.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

One night I was layin' down,
    I heard mama 'n papa talkin'
    I heard papa tell mama, let that boy boogie-woogie,
    It's in him, and it got to come out
    And I felt so good,
    Went on boogie'n just the same