Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown On Pace...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree. I think it shows that you are excited, that you love football and that you are still working to help the team win...
    That's one way to look at it.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's one way to look at it.

Pappy
    Exactly. Opinions vary...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Exactly. Opinions vary...
    We can agree to disagree. I hate the excessive showboating throughout the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    First of all, Brown's antics have hurt the team in the past with penalties. Second, making an ass out of yourself and pointing out that you got a first down when your team is, once again, getting destroyed shows that you care more about yourself than the team.

Get a huge first down, do something when your winning - fine - celebrate. Otherwise, quit acting like a fool.

So you resent Bettis for doing his high step because he did it in games we were losing? You feel he was fool?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

We can agree to disagree. I hate the excessive showboating throughout the league.
    You must be old and curmudgeonly like me.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So you resent Bettis for doing his high step because he did it in games we were losing? You feel he was fool?
    I don't particularly care for it from anyone. With Bettis, I don't remember him doing it when his team was 0-3 and in the process of getting beat down by another winless team. He also seemed a bit more genuine in his enthusiasm and a bit less contrived.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You must be old and curmudgeonly like me.

Pappy
    That's what my wife tells me.

Legend

User Info Menu

First of all, Brown's antics have hurt the team in the past with penalties. Second, making an ass out of yourself and pointing out that you got a first down when your team is, once again, getting destroyed shows that you care more about yourself than the team.

Get a huge first down, do something when your winning - fine - celebrate. Otherwise, quit acting like a fool.
    the only people saying he looks like an ass after the first are the tight asses on here

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't encourage it, but I have accepted it as part of the current NFL...

There are so many other things that cause anger and disappointment, I can't even be bothered with disdain for showboating...

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't particularly care for it from anyone. With Bettis, I don't remember him doing it when his team was 0-3 and in the process of getting beat down by another winless team. He also seemed a bit more genuine in his enthusiasm and a bit less contrived.
    of course you don't.. because you LIKE Bettis.

He also admitted faking an injury to stay on the roster...