Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown On Pace...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    i get the feeling some "fans" here would be happy to go winless as long as AB gets his numbers

talk about "man love"
    He's going to have big numbers because the Steelers will be playing from behind 90% of the time this year, which means a lot of passing.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He's going to have big numbers because the Steelers will be playing from behind 90% of the time this year, which means a lot of passing.

Pappy
    It's hard to say what the trend will be with Heath back and now Bell in the offense. If Wheaton/Moye get some playing time, that could change things up a bit. Not to mention Haley didn't want to get him the ball the 1st 2 weeks, so maybe his pace will pick up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's hard to say what the trend will be with Heath back and now Bell in the offense. If Wheaton/Moye get some playing time, that could change things up a bit. Not to mention Haley didn't want to get him the ball the 1st 2 weeks, so maybe his pace will pick up.
    All I'm saying is that the opportunity will be there, because it appears the Steelers as a team will be playing form behind. AB will get numbers because, there are very few teams that are 0-4 and have a potential HOF quarterback in his prime running the team. Normally, 0-4 teams are quarterbacked by Colt Mccoy, Tavaris Jackson, etc.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    All I'm saying is that the opportunity will be there, because it appears the Steelers as a team will be playing form behind. AB will get numbers because, there are very few teams that are 0-4 and have a potential HOF quarterback in his prime running the team. Normally, 0-4 teams are quarterbacked by Colt Mccoy, Tavaris Jackson, etc.

Pappy
    Oddly enough, the Steelers are not the only NFL fitting that description this season...

And I'm not referring to Blaine Gabbert and the Jaguars...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oddly enough, the Steelers are not the only NFL fitting that description this season...

And I'm not referring to Blaine Gabbert and the Jaguars...
    yep... it happens. We are seeing KC, TN, Seattle have success while a few power houses are struggling

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    of course you don't.. because you LIKE Bettis.

He also admitted faking an injury to stay on the roster...
    I like Brown in a lot of ways. I think he is miscast as a #1, but I like his game. I also like his work ethic. I don't like his cocky attitude and miscast showboating.

Legend

User Info Menu

if he only worked as hard as HEATH.. and looked like HEATH.. he would be perfect.
    What ever could you be referring to?

I personally like the way Heath conducts himself during the games. I wish more players acted that way.

Not that we've seen much of this, but it would be great if every player in the league didn't need to do a choreographed dance after a sack.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    What ever could you be referring to?

I personally like the way Heath conducts himself during the games. I wish more players acted that way.

Not that we've seen much of this, but it would be great if every player in the league didn't need to do a choreographed dance after a sack.
    I'm referring to the Tim Tebow "no one works harder" mindset some have towards Heath..

I'm not knocking Heath.. I'm knocking the notion that if one isn't conducting themselves LIKE HEATH, they aren't working hard LIKE HEATH

It's no different than those who say Ben needs to work like Peyton or Brady.

It's insulting...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm referring to the Tim Tebow "no one works harder" mindset some have towards Heath..

I'm not knocking Heath.. I'm knocking the notion that if one isn't conducting themselves LIKE HEATH, they aren't working hard LIKE HEATH

It's no different than those who say Ben needs to work like Peyton or Brady.

It's insulting...
    I don't question Brown's work ethic. I think he is up there with Ike Taylor, James Farrior, James Harrison and, yes, Heath.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't question Brown's work ethic. I think he is up there with Ike Taylor, James Farrior, James Harrison and, yes, Heath.
    Agreed. He's a hard worker and a good player.

But I still don't care for all the antics.