Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown On Pace...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm not sure where you're coming from exactly. The best teams in the league have Heath Miller types. You don't see Wes Welker "ball-dropping" after every first down. And if it makes sense for anyone to do it, it's a guy who's on a winning team.

I like AB and I don't want to see him leave because of the antics. He's a gamer and seems to be stepping his game up on a team that's been playing bad. I'd just like to see him grow up a little. Celebrating can be good when it's done to fire up your teammates. But AB seems to be more interested in looking for a camera than looking to pickup his teammates.

Speaking of firing up your teammates, someone needs to be in Adams' ear hole. I don't recall ever seeing a lineman stand out in such a bad way. If ever there was a time for Ben to scream at somone, Adams has earned it. He looks like he was just stabbed last week.
    screw welker... he talks trash just like the rest of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm well on my way to other activities than professional sports, maybe Taylor is a bad example but you get the idea. Take the 70s teams, who thought they were all that and celebrated after every 5 yard catch, sack, fumble recovery, interception like they won the Super Bowl? Bradshaw? Blount? Ham? Lambert? Russell? Franco? Swann? Stallworth? Webster? Greene? Greenwood? Really, the greatest team of all time and they went about their business like professionals, I miss them.

This year's team is bad, you'd think AB did something of note every time he makes a catch, when in reality, he's doing what he's paid to do.

0-16 with a team full of Heaths, highly unlikely, he's a top 10 player at his position and if the team had even close to the top 10 talent at every position (a team full of Heaths) they would be contenders every year, not 0-16.

I am "get off my lawn", the lack of respect shown by young adults today is alarming to us "get off my lawn" generation folks, sorry that having a little respect for people is such a daunting task in today's world and today's sports world.

Pappy
    respect for today's sports world? The hypocritical sports world who fines every other hit but still has greatest hits DVD's? The sports world that makes millions..billions.. off of athletes and sells their "antics" to EA sports?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Adams made just one block; I'd be OK if he did a little dance. Hell, he could bust out the worm if the RB got 2 yards behind one of his blocks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How soon everyone forgets when they want to find a reason not to like a player. Exactly right about Bettis high stepping. Where was all the righteous indignation after he did that almost every good gain? Brown isn't dancing around he is just pointing downfield and dropping the ball.

Is this a real issue or the fact Brown got the contract and Wallace didn't?
    I could care less who got the contract and who didn't, I would rather have Wallace (and, I hated the way he half-@ssed it last year) than Brown, I don't mind Brown, I think he's a good receiver and he's one of the few Steelers actually earning a pay check. That doesn't mean I have to like his antics and if he were to walk there would be another self-absorbed WR to fill his void. WRs are a dime a dozen, every team has one or two good receivers, what isn't a dime a dozen are quality tackles, guards and centers, the Steelers are lacking at the tackle position and possibly the guard position and hence the biggest reason for the debacle that is called the Pittsburgh Steelers 2013 football team.

Along with below average tackles, the Steelers also have below average DEs and NTs and this is probably the second biggest reason for the 2013 debacle. You can't win football games with below average linemen, you control nothing if your linemen are always getting beat, see 0-4 Steelers and Giants.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    respect for today's sports world? The hypocritical sports world who fines every other hit but still has greatest hits DVD's? The sports world that makes millions..billions.. off of athletes and sells their "antics" to EA sports?
    Poor grammar on my part, I should have ended the sentence after "in today's world."

I am "get off my lawn", the lack of respect shown by young adults today is alarming to us "get off my lawn" generation folks, sorry that having a little respect for people is such a daunting task in today's world.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Rookie

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown, IMO, can do whatever he wants as long as he produces and doesn't draw Unsportsmanlike Conduct flags...

I don't think that making the first down signal and dropping the ball has any effect on how a player performs...I don't think Heath is a better player because he foregoes that...Heath is a good player because he's Heath...

Now, if it's annoying for you to watch, that's your opinion...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Antonio Brown, IMO, can do whatever he wants as long as he produces and doesn't draw Unsportsmanlike Conduct flags...

I don't think that making the first down signal and dropping the ball has any effect on how a player performs...I don't think Heath is a better player because he foregoes that...Heath is a good player because he's Heath...

Now, if it's annoying for you to watch, that's your opinion...
    Yup, I've always thought you should actually accomplish something before you tell everyone how good you are, as I've admitted, I'm old school and don't deny it. The game has passed me by a long time ago.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Yup, I've always thought you should actually accomplish something before you tell everyone how good you are, as I've admitted, I'm old school and don't deny it. The game has passed me by a long time ago.

Pappy
    I'm a little old timey myself Pap, and I think the guy looks like a moron when he does that every... single... time he gets a first down. Hey, I like A. Brown. I enjoy the td dances, wish I could see more of them. But for the love of whatever God you pray to, when you get a first down just act like you've done it before. As a fan, I think it's an embarrassment that this guy is representing my team like that.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I'm a little old timey myself Pap, and I think the guy looks like a moron when he does that every... single... time he gets a first down. Hey, I like A. Brown. I enjoy the td dances, wish I could see more of them. But for the love of whatever God you pray to, when you get a first down just act like you've done it before. As a fan, I think it's an embarrassment that this guy is representing my team like that.
    I'm more embarrassed that some fans take themselves so seriously they can't enjoy a player making a first down for the team he roots for...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm more embarrassed that some fans take themselves so seriously they can't enjoy a player making a first down for the team he roots for...
    Yes to this. Is it really an issue?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"