Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown On Pace...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Bettis constantly celebrated after first downs...he's pretty revered. I really don't mind the antics either, just make plays and don't be outrageous with it (like Plax spiking the ball mid play)
    Yea, I forgot about his ridiculous little side stepping or high stepping and hated it, but I do have to admit, it didn't grate on me as much as WRs grandstanding after every catch. Of course, Bettis didn't play on the 70s teams either.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bettis did it in a way that got people fired up. Kind of like when a heel was slapping Hulk Hogan and the Hulkster just gave a look and shook his head like "no you can't hurt me and now it's my turn." Antonio Brown looks like a clown.

I'm aware that's a stupid analogy, but I can't think of anything better.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jiga...I LOVE that analogy. And I get it. I guess to each his own. That is his thing, if he was spiking the ball in the defender's face and drawing 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, I would certainly disagree.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

How soon everyone forgets when they want to find a reason not to like a player. Exactly right about Bettis high stepping. Where was all the righteous indignation after he did that almost every good gain? Brown isn't dancing around he is just pointing downfield and dropping the ball.

Is this a real issue or the fact Brown got the contract and Wallace didn't?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What's wrong with players having a little fun, showing a little bit of individuality. Football's an intense, emotional game. When guys make a play, I have no problem with them celebrating a little. Let's face it, most of the guys are doing it, it's become part of the game. Antonio Brown looks to be the only player that gives a darn right now. As long as he is making plays I couldn't care less what he does. People need to lighten up and quit trying to run every good, "flashy" receiver out of Pittsburgh. That's why this team stinks now!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And for the record, I will take the rowdy, vocal, demonstrative leaders like Joey Porter, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, James Harrison, Bettis, Ward, etc. over the church-mouse types like Heath and Troy any day of the week. If we had someone like JP on this team now, I bet we wouldn't be 0-4.

Legend

User Info Menu

At least Brown's doing things worth celebrating. Everyone else can celebrate all they want as far as I'm concerned if they play like Brown. I'm just bummed no one else is playing well enough to celebrate anything.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need someone who can find the endzone. Hopefully, Miller and Bell are those guys because it sure isn't Brown.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    We need someone who can find the endzone. Hopefully, Miller and Bell are those guys because it sure isn't Brown.
    I think Ben just needs to trust Brown more and throw it up and give him a chance. If Ben didn't have to wait until guys were wide open, we'd be seeing a young Steve Smith in Brown. He just needs his QB to give him more chances.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How soon everyone forgets when they want to find a reason not to like a player. Exactly right about Bettis high stepping. Where was all the righteous indignation after he did that almost every good gain? Brown isn't dancing around he is just pointing downfield and dropping the ball.

Is this a real issue or the fact Brown got the contract and Wallace didn't?
    Good question.. those first down gestures are to spite the other teams fans.. but unfortunately we have a few of our own who take those antics personally.