Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin! your on notice with Steeler Nation

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Then, apparently, we aren't as talented as one might think...
    . "Tomlin - take this O-line that couldn't start at UT-San Antonio and protect our QB - or your job is gone!".

Just doesn't make sense to me.

And that 10-yard cushion - is it stubborness/senility, or the knowledge that the players will get beat deep play after play if they line up in press coverage?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

his what?

(sorry, couldn't resist - pet peeve of mine)

your-vs-youre.jpg
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 09-30-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If that results in Jake Matthews or Jadeveon Clowney I'd see the silver lining and find a way to live with it. How about you?
    I would take either pick but I'd still fire Tomlin and I'd ask Lebeau to "retire" (i.e. retire by his own choice or be "retired" by the Steelers FO). Tomlin has proven to me that he isn't HC material outside of being Coach Cliche.

He had poor coaching decisions early in his career but it was masked by a VERY good assembled. He had very good leadership in Hines & Farrior. Leadership is gone.... The very good team is now an average team and an average team looks ill prepared and is performing way below average. The drop from good/average to WAY below average is the unacceptable part and that falls on the coaching. That is when coaches get fired.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would take either pick but I'd still fire Tomlin and I'd ask Lebeau to "retire" (i.e. retire by his own choice or be "retired" by the Steelers FO). Tomlin has proven to me that he isn't HC material outside of being Coach Cliche.

He had poor coaching decisions early in his career but it was masked by a VERY good assembled. He had very good leadership in Hines & Farrior. Leadership is gone.... The very good team is now an average team and an average team looks ill prepared and is performing way below average. The drop from good/average to WAY below average is the unacceptable part and that falls on the coaching. That is when coaches get fired.
    you are focused...

have you started a fire Tomlin web page yet? LOL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ride it out??? Hahaha! For how long... until Tomlin brings this team to an 0-16 record (which could be this year).
    I would say two years unless the team becomes content with losing. He continues to fight and expects the same from the team. Tomlin has shown that he can win in this league and has a great deal of latitude from people that actually make business decisions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I would say two years unless the team becomes content with losing. He continues to fight and expects the same from the team. Tomlin has shown that he can win in this league and has a great deal of latitude from people that actually make business decisions.
    LOL... you would think we never won anything under Tomlin.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's no coincidence that this team keeps getting expontentially worse and worse as it becomes more Tomin's team and less of Cowhers due to age/FA/retiring. It's unacceptable and it's not a 1 or 2 game slide. The writing has been on the wall for quite some time. It's not like Tomlin is having trouble replacing 1 or 2 players. That's would be completely understandable.

People can either look at those facts and ongoing trends (compare Tomlin's replacements with the players he inherited) or just continue to bury their head in the sand. It's obvious who is impressed with Coach Cliche and who can see past the BS.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't see this Steelers team as having chickish talent. We have a D full of playmakers. We have a franchise QB. Yet, we can't sack anyone, and we cant outscore anyone.
    Mclendon is a bum and the whole experiment should end. We need a fatty in there. Let Mclendon play DE.
    Williams is garbage. He may develop into something better than garbage but that remains to be seen.
    If not for those two, we don't give up a 60 yarder to AP and our defense still seems stingy.
    I don't know what to do about the turnovers, but until teams have to actually SCORE points against us, we won't get any sacks. Unfortunately our O spots them a couple points and that sets up the dink and dunk all day long.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    his what?

(sorry, couldn't resist - pet peeve of mine)

your-vs-youre.jpg
    Wait a minute, "your mistaken" , I didn't write it wrong!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

It's no coincidence that this team changed when Todd Haley took over calling plays. It's unacceptable and it's not a 1 or 2 game slide. They went from 12-4 before he arrived to ( 8-8 ) with him the first year and are now ( 0-4 ) this season.

People can either look at those facts and ongoing trends or just continue to bury their head in the sand.
    there I fixed it for you