Thread: Options at Left Tackle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd go with Beachum. But, honestly, I believe even DeCastro could move to LT and do an ok job. I am not saying it would be a thing of beauty, but Beachum or DeCastro must be given the start if we can't bring someone in over the bye and get them up to speed. If I'm the Steelers I'm trying out every LT available right now. Z Sanders, J Brown, anybody. I'd sign two of them and cut Whimper and Paulson. Adams can play blocking TE until Spaeth is healthy. Run blocking is something Adams can handle. DJ and Heath are plenty for receiving options at TE. At that point, at least we'd have several choices who are up to speed and have a little potential and some fire in their bellies. Adams apathy was what really bothered me. His technique was putrid. His balance was pathetic. But, when he got knocked aside and gave up on the plays, I was sickened in the worst way. Perhaps the stabbing has robbed Adams of some core strength and led to some of his technique and balance issues. But, he should still have enough fire to get back into the play when he is beaten.
    Last edited by steelblood; 09-30-2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.