Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Options at Left Tackle

Legend

User Info Menu

Options at Left Tackle

Alright folks. I think today was one of the worst displays by a Steelers Left Tackle in team history. With that being said, I haven't lost hope that Adams one day might make a serviceable RT. For now, he looked lost out there... out "Techniqued", and overpowered.
    The question is, what other options do we have at this point?

1.) Move Beacham to LT and sit Adams?
    2.) Swap Gilbert and Adams?
    3.) Let Adams continue to start at LT and hope he develops?
    4.) Bring a kid up from the practice squad to get some reps? I watched the Long kid some in pre-season. Got beat on some plays, but looks to have some potential. Might be an opportunity to develop a "Diamond in the rough". One thing's for sure, LT play can't get any worse.

I think it's obvious that the Steelers nation wants the best LT available in the 2014 draft. Until then, what is the most viable option/s?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Alright folks. I think today was one of the worst displays by a Steelers Left Tackle in team history. With that being said, I haven't lost hope that Adams one day might make a serviceable RT. For now, he looked lost out there... out "Techniqued", and overpowered.
    The question is, what other options do we have at this point?

1.) Move Beacham to LT and sit Adams?
    2.) Swap Gilbert and Adams?
    3.) Let Adams continue to start at LT and hope he develops?
    4.) Bring a kid up from the practice squad to get some reps? I watched the Long kid some in pre-season. Got beat on some plays, but looks to have some potential. Might be an opportunity to develop a "Diamond in the rough". One thing's for sure, LT play can't get any worse.

I think it's obvious that the Steelers nation wants the best LT available in the 2014 draft. Until then, what is the most viable option/s?
    Today was "was one of the worst displays by a Steelers Left Tackle" in the last three weeks... let alone team history. FORGET #3 on your list. It simply cannot be an option. ADAMS MUST BE BENCHED. His (PFF) grades the last three weeks are as follows: -5.1, -3.0, -??. If we are going "turn over stones", and "chew on this", and whatever else fn maddening quote Tomlin wants to throw out... You have to hold the worst player on the field accountable (which Adams has been every week so far).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Today was "was one of the worst displays by a Steelers Left Tackle" in the last three weeks... let alone team history. FORGET #3 on your list. It simply cannot be an option. ADAMS MUST BE BENCHED. His (PFF) grades the last three weeks are as follows: -5.1, -3.0, -??. If we are going "turn over stones", and "chew on this", and whatever else fn maddening quote Tomlin wants to throw out... You have to hold the worst player on the field accountable (which Adams has been every week so far).
    Im fine with scrapping option #3. For some reason though...I've got a feelling Adams will be starting at Left Tackle after the bye week. I'd like to be a "Fly on the wall" when the OL and coaches start reviewing/breaking down the game film. Freaking ridiculous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Suppose they could kick the tyres of former Jet Jason Smith, or Zebrie Sanders..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

What about moving Guy Whimper out to LT? Can it really be any worse?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What about moving Guy Whimper out to LT? Can it really be any worse?
    I guess Tomblin said he wasn't prepared to play? lol.. what the heck does that mean? Tells me the coaches didn't do their jobs...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess Tomblin said he wasn't prepared to play? lol.. what the heck does that mean? Tells me the coaches didn't do their jobs...
    that's exactly what it says.

really startling admission from mikey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Especially since Adams has been so bad this year, and was set to go against Jared Allen. Beachum as the only contingency, knowing he steps in for anyone who goes down... Couldn't they foresee that someone could go down + Adams could struggle at the same time?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Suppose they could kick the tyres of former Jet Jason Smith, or Zebrie Sanders..
    Is Jammal Brown still out there as well? I know he had some injury issues the last few years, but he was a Pro Bowl LT earlier in his career.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How can Adams be better right now than who on the practice squad? If that is so, then our practice squad OL must be very bad. I'd like to see intensity and effort, and a mean streak too.