Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilberts first half performance...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gilberts first half performance...

It's his first start so he gets a pass but the guy can't sustain or finish a block to save his (or Ben's) life.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Gilberts first half performance...

I've got to give him a semi-pass so far. This is his first start at RT. He doesn't know the playbook very vell yet. His mind is swirling. I'm not excusing the technique flaws. I'd like to see him lock his hands on the pads/jersey but it's not like he sucks on EVERY play. He's done adequate on a lot of the snaps I've been watching. And no penalties. The Pouncey's of the NFL (who dominate from day one) are very rare.

Having said all that... i still would've drafted Sherrod. Ha.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gilbert nearly got Ben killed a couple times. But I give him a pass on some mental mistakes at this point. Seems quick, but lacks power. Maybe that will come once he knows what he's doing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he did ok for his first NFL start.

you don't like the guy.

we get it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Gilbert has never had the mindset, or strength to play O-Line on the Pro level. Not even Pouncey said anything positvie about him heading into the draft really...what does that tell you ? He might be a average In-space blocker, but he has no power at all to drive Block, or take on a Bull Rusher....too weak. Likes to eat, and avoids lifting weights like the Bubonic Plague

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    Gilbert has never had the mindset, or strength to play O-Line on the Pro level. Not even Pouncey said anything positvie about him heading into the draft really...what does that tell you ? He might be a average In-space blocker, but he has no power at all to drive Block, or take on a Bull Rusher....too weak. Likes to eat, and avoids lifting weights like the Bubonic Plague
    do you always talk out of your backside?

it has been stated numerous times that pouncey was a big fan of the pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    Gilbert has never had the mindset, or strength to play O-Line on the Pro level. Not even Pouncey said anything positvie about him heading into the draft really...what does that tell you ?

not according to our OL coach Sean Kugler:

Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey Instrumental In Selection Of OT Marcus Gilbert

Posted By: 86WARD 04-29-2011

Steelers offensive line coach Sean Kugler said center Maurkice Pouncey was a big advocate of drafting both former Florida teammates Mike Pouncey, his twin, and Marcus Gilbert, whom the Steelers did take in Round 2. "I'll take his advice because I respect the kid as a player, and he'll give you the right advice," Kugler said.

Source: CBSSports.com

[url="http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/155232-steelers-c-maurkice-pouncey-instrumental-selection-ot.html"]http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-n ... on-ot.html[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

do you always talk out of your backside?
    Yes, he always talks like a moron.
    Its in your best interest to just skip over anything he says....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well he looked twice better than Legurscky, he was constantly getting Ben and Rashard killed.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

On the one sack it looked as if Gilbert started to move forward and then decides to step back and grab the guy coming around the end. By then it was too late. Not sure if he should have been moving to get the guy from the start or if he realized they guy was coming and tried to help and that's why it looked like it was his responsibility.

Anyone who thinks Pouncey had nothing good to say about him is a total moron. The scouting reports coming out of UF are the exact opposite of what insane says (but then he's a complete simpleton).