Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Options at Left Tackle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Y'all want to yank Adams, but is there a chance he ends up an Urbick, a Steeler premature cut who became a serviceable player?
    Pretty sure you could stash him on the PS with no worries about anyone taking him away.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Know what's even more bizarre? If they knew Whimper wouldn't see the field barring massive injury, and Adams was struggling as he was, why was an RB or FB not brought in to help and at least chip Allen or the DE on every play. Why would the coaching staff leave him out there alone when pee wee players could tell he was in trouble. Towards the end Adams was just giving up. He sucks, but the coaches suck too for offering no help.
    Well, some of that may be on Bellcow. I remember at least one play he scooted left and their right end charged right up the vacated alley to nail BB. Im thinking a more experienced back would have recognized the danger and stayed in to have a go.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Y'all want to yank Adams, but is there a chance he ends up an Urbick, a Steeler premature cut who became a serviceable player?
    No.
    Who's to say what the future holds (especially just a fan like me)? But I will tell you that we will not regret one day, cutting a drain like Adams. As for "yanking him", that HAS TO happen. Otherwise, where is the accountability? I read an article, where they seemed to say that Adams might continue to keep his starting job. If that happens, that is ridiculous! You can't let the WORST player continue to hold on to his job, when you (Tomlin) just said he's taking inventory of each/every player and their contribution. The question to me on Adams, is whether he should be cut outright. IMO, he should.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sometimes you just have to let them play to get the experience. I'd leave him in there for now. Let's not forget that he went up against one of the best in Jered Allen. Yea, I'll admit I'd rather have Starks in there at this point, but we gotta see what we have in these guys at tackle, just because they are so young.... I'm willing to wait it out. Just hope BB doesn't get killed in the process....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What do you guys think these other teams missed? The Rams and the Chargers especially, have a need at Left Tackle. They not only considered him not-starter material, they didn't even think enough of him as a backup/swing lineman. He's not going to suddenly come (back) to us, and morph into a different player.

He can't be as bad as Adams. I just don't think he adds enough, to make it worth bringing him back. Also, he adds nothing in terms of an attitude shift.
    Max just got released by the Rams today
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

Think at least the FO made a play for Eugene Monroe? Not sure what the ratbirds gave up but I'd do a 2nd and 4th. Maybe more when I think of Ben hitting the ground hard again.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254395/article/jags-trade-eugene-monroe-to-ravens-for-draft-picks[/url]
    Last edited by Sager; 10-01-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ghost, you're forgetting, "The standard is the standard", and Whimper fits the new standard perfectly. Is there something I'm missing?

Pappy
    Exactly Pappy, and it's "all business as usual."
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    Think at least the FO made a play for Eugene Monroe? Not sure what the ratbirds gave up but I'd do a 2nd and 4th. Maybe more when I think of Ben hitting the ground hard again.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254395/article/jags-trade-eugene-monroe-to-ravens-for-draft-picks[/URL]
    F-k, that would have been a COUP, to sign someone of Monroe's ability! It would've also gave teeth to Tomlin's edicts about trying to win.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254395/article/jags-trade-eugene-monroe-to-ravens-for-draft-picks[/URL]
    I doubt the steelers could've paid his salary even if they traded for him.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242