Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bench Hood

Legend

User Info Menu

Bench Hood

This defensive line continues to drag the entire defense down. No ability to control the nose. Nobody commanding a double team. Why not bench Hood and put Al Woods along side McClendon? The line is being shoved around like rag dolls. It's been a very long time since I have seen a Steeler defense unable to control the other team's run game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, removing Hood takes care of 1 of the failing pieces. How does puting Woods in next to McLendon stop McLendon from getting dominated though?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This defensive line continues to drag the entire defense down. No ability to control the nose. Nobody commanding a double team. Why not bench Hood and put Al Woods along side McClendon? The line is being shoved around like rag dolls. It's been a very long time since I have seen a Steeler defense unable to control the other team's run game.
    The Al Woods that looked like dog **** today?

Yeah... Ill stay with Hood, and im not even a fan of Hood.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, removing Hood takes care of 1 of the failing pieces. How does puting Woods in next to McLendon stop McLendon from getting dominated though?
    I'm ready to dress Fangupo to play for McClendon and bring Arnfelt up off the PS and just let him learn the position. And let those 2 youngins take their lumps.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not opposed to youngin's taking their lumps at this point but you have to wonder if any of the teams answers on the dline is on the roster at this point.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Those 2 TD runs by Peterson today were embarrassing for the DL. McLendon got destroyed by the OC, so much so that the OG's don't even help- they run off upfield to obliterate both Timmons & Williams. The RT was manipulating Hood all over the place.

Fangupo can't do worse than McLendon (did McLendon get any so-called pentration in pass plays?). Heyward has at least looked to close the pocket. Play those 2 & extend Keisel.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

didn't get to watch much of the game. when the "D" gives up an honest to goodness 34, I just assumed everyone sucked today.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    didn't get to watch much of the game. when the "D" gives up an honest to goodness 34, I just assumed everyone sucked today.
    The DL got as much penetration as Stonehenge

Legend

User Info Menu

Hood and McClendon were terrible. When the Steelers needed a stop on 3rd and 1 late in the game, it was disheartening to think that they had no chance to stop it (and they didn't).

The defensive line hasn't done its job, but I'm not seeing much from the ILBs, either. It would be nice to see Timmons look like a $10 million player. Instead, I see him getting blocked out of big play after big play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

timmons has been putrid this year.

and the excuse of him not calling the defense because the coaches don't want to burden him is obscene.