Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bell did Well

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    YPC kinda hard, because He was getting hit in the backfield quite often.

But most of all I like his elusiveness. He can cut for a big guy. 6.75 on the 3 cone drill means the guy can move.

He does look good though
    When's the last time we had a RB get hit in the backfield and turn it into a positive gain? I feel like since Fast Willie, RBs are prone to fallover behind the LOS.

I really like his feet. The way he slides sideways is Jerome-esque.

The jury is still out, but at least I'm excited.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    When's the last time we had a RB get hit in the backfield and turn it into a positive gain? I feel like since Fast Willie, RBs are prone to fallover behind the LOS.

Definitely a promising start.

Funny you should mention Bettis. During pre-season I was hunting for a tape to record a game. I stumbled on a game between TS and Jax in 98 or 99. In the 5 plays I watched this happened twice.

A totally crazed LB came blitzing in full speed and Jerome Bettis moved up to meet him. They collided and JB lifted the guy and flipped him up and over the QB [Stewart]. The guy landed 5yds behind the QB. TS won the game. One of the few they beat Jax during that era.

This happened again a few plays later. You know, I was never a huge JB fan but watching that clip reopened my eyes.

Anyway, Bell was supposedly doing well blocking in TC. But, in the game he had a shot at it and did not get it done. That is really very important. However he does have the size and strength to be effective blocking. Just do it!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm iwth you Russ. The slide step he made to make the guy miss him in the backfield on the 8 yard TD run was a thing of beauty. I hope he can continue.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think his feet are better than Jerome's already. If he can somehow run with Jerome's power and stay healthy and get some blocks, look out.