Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Only 2 Games Out of 1st

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    What's your address flippy? I'm going to FedEx you a box full of smelling salts, because you are apparently punch drunk.
    I did not touch even a sip of liquor today, but I feel kinda tipsy

Rookie

User Info Menu

OMG Flippy! I love you!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Outside of Denver the AFC is just lame, we've got that coming from us. We are going to be on the back of everyone's minds now. Season done according to all...we have a chance, why not? I mean seriously how many Steelers fans are going to not watch the next game?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Outside of Denver the AFC is just lame, we've got that coming from us. We are going to be on the back of everyone's minds now. Season done according to all...we have a chance, why not? I mean seriously how many Steelers fans are going to not watch the next game?
    I'm going to watch, not because I think they are going to make a playoff run...but because I want to see the young kids get some playing time... and hopefully will see some things out of them to get me excited for next year. I am interested to see if the FO and coaching staff are finally willing to admit that we are in "Rebuilding mode", and will start making some adjustments accordingly..moving forward.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was going to go along with you because I can really see how this could turnaround. But no, I changed my mind.

I just saw where someone said TS are 2-9 in their last 11 regular season games. 2-15 counting the preseason.

But one of those wins was in week 17 vs Cleveland who played their busdriver at QB so they could get a higher draft pick.

It's starting to look more and more like TS are playing this year for a real high draft pick. One more good draft like this years and they are back in business.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Two games out of first and a thousand miles from nowhere. I am reminded of that Jim Carrey moment in a movie where he gets shot down by some girl, but in it he discovers that "So, there;s still a chance" ray of hope. There IS still a chance. God bless Flippy, the Planet needs you ... the Steelers need you. Coach much?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Two games out of first and a thousand miles from nowhere. I am reminded of that Jim Carrey moment in a movie where he gets shot down by some girl, but in it he discovers that "So, there;s still a chance" ray of hope. There IS still a chance. God bless Flippy, the Planet needs you ... the Steelers need you. Coach much?
    Never coached a day in my life, but I'm pretty sure I could have led us to 0-4 While I might be completely putrid as a coach, I might have a good pep talk or 2 in me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm definitely not ready to bail on this season after seeing the pathetic display of quarterbacking put forth by Baltimore and Cincy. Everyone will catch up to Hoyer now with some film on him. The turnover battle is the key to turning this thing around. I know the source of the giveaways is the crappy O-Line but just being a little more careful with the ball could prevent alot of the woes. Think back to the Titans game, fumble inside the 10. This game, clawing all the way back, fumble inside the 10. Didn't Jones fumble around the 15 vs. the Bears...I was pretty drunk and in the nosebleed seats, but that sounds about right. 3 of the 128 giveaways were within scratching distance of a TD and would've turned all 3 of those games around. This pace can't possibly last all season...its statistically proven!...(sort of...if anyone reads Bill Barnwell columns on Grantland.com...he talks about the randomness of fumble recoveries anyway)
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Never coached a day in my life, but I'm pretty sure I could have led us to 0-4 While I might be completely putrid as a coach, I might have a good pep talk or 2 in me
    As long as you don't go the Singletary route and drop your pants in front of the team. What message was he trying to send again?!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

reality says 10-6 when this team gets it together from this point.