Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LeBeau this senile?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're not wrong. But name me ONE profession where a 70-year old can successfully hang with the best of the best. Just one.

You can't, because there isn't one. There aren't many great 70-year old doctors, lawyers, engineers, schoolteachers, etc. Especially a hyper-competitive, fast-paced environment like professional football.
    There's a lot of CEOs, Investors, and Gov't Officials over 70. Age doesn't mean a whole lot, it comes down to the individual and their passion and capability. Warren Buffett, Carl Ichan, Rupert Murdoch, and on and on. Granted most people's health declines at some point. But some 70 year olds are still relatively young. And if you are coaching young men, that should also help keep you young. Lebeau seems like a younger man to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The philosophy is old as Lebeau, a change is needed.
    Great coach and we're lucky to have him. Period.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're not wrong. But name me ONE profession where a 70-year old can successfully hang with the best of the best. Just one.

You can't, because there isn't one. There aren't many great 70-year old doctors, lawyers, engineers, schoolteachers, etc. Especially a hyper-competitive, fast-paced environment like professional football.
    The best trial lawyer I've seen has been practicing for about 45 years. He still handles high profile cases and does an excellent job with them.

Legend

User Info Menu

We're playing not to lose and that's a recipe for losses.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have one flippy. My favorite team in another sport, Manchester United, had Sir Alex Ferguson coaching into his mid 70's, sharp as ever and won another English league title last year. He resigned, the team underwent very little change from what was on the field last year (with exception of Ferguson), and after 6 games they are the lowest in the standings that they've been in several years and just lost to a team that has pretty much never beat them. He was a legend in the Lombardi mold though, so he could be an exception. I just think it can be done. And I'm of the mindset that it's his scheme that is past it's prime in this league more so than Lebeau (I guess if you feel the fact that he is 70 and that is why he isn't willing to change, I suppose that is arguable).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Lebeau was a great coach, we should be lucky to have had him.
    All good things come to an end.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can cite all the seventy year old businessmen you want but they are still doing it because their businesses are still making money. LeBeau's is failing and will soon be bankrupt
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Lucky to have HAD him... but its over. Same thing happened with Aaron Smith and some of our older players. We kept talking about how great they were, how special they were.... but on the field we saw them slipping.

Everyone has used those rankings for the last few years but TO's.... sacks and TO's and the whole zone blitz has fallen off a cliff. Tim Tebow shredded us... Cassell shredded us... we make the worst QB's in the league look like HOFers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Zone blitz is an aging dinosaur.
    Holding on to aging players and coaches has been detrimental to this team the last few years.
    I have seen enough, time for fresh blood

Legend

User Info Menu

Trial lawyers? Smh.... this is football folks. DL is a genius but even geniuses get old... we need new blood on D. Its time to stop playing chess on D and just play good D.