Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LeBeau this senile?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is LeBeau this senile?

Matt freaking Cassel, No pressure packages, 10 yard cushions. Haley need to get it during the bye and LeBeau need to get it after the season.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Maybe they should have moved on from LeBeau after the Wild Card loss in Denver. He's one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history, but the game may have finally passed him by.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not senile but stubborn and unwilling to change. But why should he when the defense can slip year after year and it's always someone else's fault
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ever think that the lack of talent might have something to do with our crap defense?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hate to bring ageism into this

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Ever think that the lack of talent might have something to do with our crap defense?
    You're not wrong. But name me ONE profession where a 70-year old can successfully hang with the best of the best. Just one.

You can't, because there isn't one. There aren't many great 70-year old doctors, lawyers, engineers, schoolteachers, etc. Especially a hyper-competitive, fast-paced environment like professional football.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're not wrong. But name me ONE profession where a 70-year old can successfully hang with the best of the best. Just one.

You can't, because there isn't one. There aren't many great 70-year old doctors, lawyers, engineers, schoolteachers, etc. Especially a hyper-competitive, fast-paced environment like professional football.
    There's a lot of CEOs, Investors, and Gov't Officials over 70. Age doesn't mean a whole lot, it comes down to the individual and their passion and capability. Warren Buffett, Carl Ichan, Rupert Murdoch, and on and on. Granted most people's health declines at some point. But some 70 year olds are still relatively young. And if you are coaching young men, that should also help keep you young. Lebeau seems like a younger man to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

The best trial lawyer I've seen has been practicing for about 45 years. He still handles high profile cases and does an excellent job with them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Theres high picks all over the front 7.

Solid corner in Ike and a HOFer at safety?

Does he need a #1 draft pick at every position to get one turnover??

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Theres high picks all over the front 7.

Solid corner in Ike and a HOFer at safety?

Does he need a #1 draft pick at every position to get one turnover??
    The high picks are not playing like high picks right now...at least, not enough of them are...

Starter

User Info Menu

The rule changes hurt the Steelers style on defense. When you no longer can intimidate with bone jarring hits,you must be [URL="http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7lvcnUhSvBkAT7dXNyoA?ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-795&p=technically&SpellState=&fr2=sp-qrw-corr-top"]technically[/URL] sound,and the Steelers are not.