We're playing not to lose and that's a recipe for losses.
1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass
2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
3. Josh Jones, S, N.C. State
3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic
5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)
7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania
I have one flippy. My favorite team in another sport, Manchester United, had Sir Alex Ferguson coaching into his mid 70's, sharp as ever and won another English league title last year. He resigned, the team underwent very little change from what was on the field last year (with exception of Ferguson), and after 6 games they are the lowest in the standings that they've been in several years and just lost to a team that has pretty much never beat them. He was a legend in the Lombardi mold though, so he could be an exception. I just think it can be done. And I'm of the mindset that it's his scheme that is past it's prime in this league more so than Lebeau (I guess if you feel the fact that he is 70 and that is why he isn't willing to change, I suppose that is arguable).
Lebeau was a great coach, we should be lucky to have had him.
All good things come to an end.
You can cite all the seventy year old businessmen you want but they are still doing it because their businesses are still making money. LeBeau's is failing and will soon be bankrupt
- Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
- Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
- Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
- John Johnson-S, Boston College
- James Conner-RB, Pitt
- Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
- Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State
Lucky to have HAD him... but its over. Same thing happened with Aaron Smith and some of our older players. We kept talking about how great they were, how special they were.... but on the field we saw them slipping.
Everyone has used those rankings for the last few years but TO's.... sacks and TO's and the whole zone blitz has fallen off a cliff. Tim Tebow shredded us... Cassell shredded us... we make the worst QB's in the league look like HOFers.
Zone blitz is an aging dinosaur.
Holding on to aging players and coaches has been detrimental to this team the last few years.
I have seen enough, time for fresh blood
Trial lawyers? Smh.... this is football folks. DL is a genius but even geniuses get old... we need new blood on D. Its time to stop playing chess on D and just play good D.