Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is LeBeau this senile?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Theres high picks all over the front 7.

Solid corner in Ike and a HOFer at safety?

Does he need a #1 draft pick at every position to get one turnover??
    The high picks are not playing like high picks right now...at least, not enough of them are...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Zone blitz is an aging dinosaur.
    Holding on to aging players and coaches has been detrimental to this team the last few years.
    I have seen enough, time for fresh blood
    [sarcasm]I agree. Let's bring in some new blood because these old guys with old systems really set us back. Let's go the route Dallas went and hire someone like Monte Kiffin ... 73 years old. He's implemented this new fangled defensive system that is working great. It's called something like "Tampa 2". Has anybody heard of it before? It must be good because Dallas is getting a lot of turnovers with it. [/sarcasm]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Matt freaking Cassel, No pressure packages, 10 yard cushions. Haley need to get it during the bye and LeBeau need to get it after the season.
    pretty sure Cassell said, "here's what we did in New England every year... and remember when the Raiders and Rich Gannon did it? that was a decade ago... the guy simply won't adjust to it... "

you'd think that a DB, on 3rd and 7, just wouldn't line up behind the first down marker...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    [sarcasm]I agree. Let's bring in some new blood because these old guys with old systems really set us back. Let's go the route Dallas went and hire someone like Monte Kiffin ... 73 years old. He's implemented this new fangled defensive system that is working great. It's called something like "Tampa 2". Has anybody heard of it before? It must be good because Dallas is getting a lot of turnovers with it. [/sarcasm]
    4 sacks and 0 takeaway's in 4 games
    38% on 3rd down conversions allowed
    Hey but on the bright side we are ranked #11 in yards allowed and improving steadily every week
    I see your and raise you two

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    4 sacks and 0 takeaway's in 4 games
    38% on 3rd down conversions allowed
    Hey but on the bright side we are ranked #11 in yards allowed and improving steadily every week
    I see your and raise you two
    ..and isn't Dallas 1-2? I know they got a boatload of TO's vs the Giants but hell, EVERYONE gets TO's against the Giants. Kiffin will be gone by the end of the year if not sooner.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ..and isn't Dallas 1-2? I know they got a boatload of TO's vs the Giants but hell, EVERYONE gets TO's against the Giants. Kiffin will be gone by the end of the year if not sooner.
    They're 2-2, which is better than you can say about the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    They're 2-2, which is better than you can say about the Steelers.
    you can say that about any team besides the Jags and Giants... but that damn sure doesn't mean we need to keep DL for another 5 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Hold it. The last two weeks, the Steelers have won the toss and deferred, only to see the defense give up opening drive points.

How's that on the offense?

Did you hear Phil Simms say it? "It's hard to score a ton of points when you go 80 yards every drive".

I've been saying the same goddamn thing for three YEARS on this board!

Arians isn't here to kick around anymore. The defense still can't force turnovers. 20 in 20 games since BA left.

BA was fired, Ben or Tomlin will be the next ones to fall on the sword for him.

All because Dick LeBeau is 76 and not 46. If he was 46 he would have been fired the minute he was humiliated by Tim Tebow.

Since 2011 this "scheme" has been shredded by Tim Tebow, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Cassel, and Carson Palmer.

Not exactly the QB classes of 1983 or 2004 in that group.
    Someone else who can see and state the truth. Well said and true.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Crash, if my QB were doling out turnovers like he worked at Arby's, I'd probably defer, too...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LeBeau must retire. I think this will finally be the year.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.