Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LeBeau this senile?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    No disrespect but it's funny how no one brings up talent...and this D has holes all over the place. Change will be coming sooner rather than later but I don't see much room for improvement with this cast of characters. A pig is still a pig no matter how you dress it up.
    That is true, but the talent here isn't zero takeaway, 4 sacks in 4 games poor. Alabama could probably have given more output there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it talent or scheme? I mean from a talent perspective it appears we have some players. Heyward, Keisel, Timmons, Jones, Woodley, Ike, Troy, Clark...geez these guys should be able to play. What is the deal?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Steelers rarely kept a player past their second contract until the recent group. The reason wasn't as much a shift in philosophy as it was a shift in talent. Ziggy Hood has showed us why the Steelers tried to hang on to Smith. McClendon shows us why Hampton stuck around.

The Steelers don't have the talent in the pipeline that they did in years past.
    Yep... and this is why change is needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yep... and this is why change is needed.
    What does that even mean?

A lot of these guys are crap players in any scheme. I don't care if you put Hood, Worilds, McClendon, etc. in a 4-3, a 3-4, or whatever. They will still stink.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers rarely kept a player past their second contract until the recent group. The reason wasn't as much a shift in philosophy as it was a shift in talent. Ziggy Hood has showed us why the Steelers tried to hang on to Smith. McClendon shows us why Hampton stuck around.

I agree and they have never brought back so many retreads, but the last several years instead of bringing in quality FA they opt for rejects. Foote, Gay Burress, Spaeth all come to mind.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

A lot of these guys are crap players in any scheme. I don't care if you put Hood, Worilds, McClendon, etc. in a 4-3, a 3-4, or whatever. They will still stink.
    It means change the way we draft and change the scheme... what we are doing isn't working.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Ever think that the lack of talent might have something to do with our crap defense?
    Theres high picks all over the front 7.

Solid corner in Ike and a HOFer at safety?

Does he need a #1 draft pick at every position to get one turnover??

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure what the hell they saw in hood and worldis in the first place. To boot it wasnt even an area of tremendous need and both picks back fired on us

Legend

User Info Menu

But why is the the lack of talent, see the worst OL in the NFL, not recognized when criticizing Haley (or previously Arians) by the same posters using it as an excuse for LeBeau?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But why is the the lack of talent, see the worst OL in the NFL, not recognized when criticizing Haley (or previously Arians) by the same posters using it as an excuse for LeBeau?
    Because LeBeau has done a better job with the talent he has...

Again, it's hard for anyone to call a good defensive game when your offense turns it over in the red zone and you are constantly down by 10 points...