Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LeBeau this senile?

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers have been known for recognizing when players' best days are behind them. For some reason, they have a blind spot with LeBeau. It's been downhill since the Denver playoff game and when I see LeBeau on the sideline, he looks lost.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    The Steelers have been known for recognizing when players' best days are behind them. For some reason, they have a blind spot with LeBeau. It's been downhill since the Denver playoff game and when I see LeBeau on the sideline, he looks lost.
    They did the same thing with Aaron Smith. He was a great player, but there was no reason to bring him back in 2011.

I really don't think I want to see Keith Butler get promoted to DC. My fear is that Butler would just continue running the same old stale scheme in honor of LeBeau. As I've said in other threads, fire the entire coaching staff. Get new blood and new philosophies in this organization.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers DC next year
    Marinelli.jpg
    Rod Marinelli

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Trial lawyers? Smh.... this is football folks. DL is a genius but even geniuses get old... we need new blood on D. Its time to stop playing chess on D and just play good D.
    No disrespect but it's funny how no one brings up talent...and this D has holes all over the place. Change will be coming sooner rather than later but I don't see much room for improvement with this cast of characters. A pig is still a pig no matter how you dress it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    No disrespect but it's funny how no one brings up talent...and this D has holes all over the place. Change will be coming sooner rather than later but I don't see much room for improvement with this cast of characters. A pig is still a pig no matter how you dress it up.
    we have discussed talent, age, etc for a while now. When other teams were dumping older players we were being sentimental with ours due to our D ranking.

Less talent... less complex D... let them come in and play earlier instead of learning this calculus D. Lewis finally cracked the code and then he left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Steelers DC next year
    Marinelli.jpg
    Rod Marinelli
    When Lebeau is done, I'd try and get Eric Mangini. While he hasn't been a successful HC, he's amassed some good talent in both Cleveland and NY and built defenses to stop the Patriots who were the real blue print of the modern NFL offenses.

Another guy I'd consider if he got fired from the Jets cause he sucks as a HC is Rex Ryan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Trial lawyers? Smh.... this is football folks. DL is a genius but even geniuses get old... we need new blood on D. Its time to stop playing chess on D and just play good D.
    Read the post that I was responding to. The poster suggested that those over 70 cannot succeed at anything, and that was an example he cited. He's wrong.

Legend

User Info Menu

we have discussed talent, age, etc for a while now. When other teams were dumping older players we were being sentimental with ours due to our D ranking.

Less talent... less complex D... let them come in and play earlier instead of learning this calculus D. Lewis finally cracked the code and then he left.
    The Steelers rarely kept a player past their second contract until the recent group. The reason wasn't as much a shift in philosophy as it was a shift in talent. Ziggy Hood has showed us why the Steelers tried to hang on to Smith. McClendon shows us why Hampton stuck around.

The Steelers don't have the talent in the pipeline that they did in years past.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    the steelers rarely kept a player past their second contract until the recent group. The reason wasn't as much a shift in philosophy as it was a shift in talent. Ziggy hood has showed us why the steelers tried to hang on to smith. Mcclendon shows us why hampton stuck around.

The steelers don't have the talent in the pipeline that they did in years past.
    bingo.......

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO, talent is everything and a less complex D isn't going to improve the end result.