Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Is LeBeau this senile?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,728

    Is LeBeau this senile?

    Matt freaking Cassel, No pressure packages, 10 yard cushions. Haley need to get it during the bye and LeBeau need to get it after the season.

  2. #2
    Maybe they should have moved on from LeBeau after the Wild Card loss in Denver. He's one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history, but the game may have finally passed him by.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,660
    Not senile but stubborn and unwilling to change. But why should he when the defense can slip year after year and it's always someone else's fault
    1.25 DT Vernon Butler, La Tech, 6’4” 323
    2.58 CB Artie Burns, Miami, 5’11” 189
    3.89 OLB, Alex McCalister, Florida, 6’6” 240-Jarvis Jones’ replacement
    4.123 S Jayron Kearse, Clemson, 6’4 216-hybrid type we could use in 3-3-5 defense
    6.220 OT Stephane Nembot, 6’7” 322-raw talent with ton of upside
    7.229 CB Brian Poole, Florida, 5’10” 210
    7.246 WR/KR Ed Eagan, Northwestern State, 5’ 10” 185-need WR depth and returner

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,077
    Ever think that the lack of talent might have something to do with our crap defense?

  5. #5
    The rule changes hurt the Steelers style on defense. When you no longer can intimidate with bone jarring hits,you must be technically sound,and the Steelers are not.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    The rule changes hurt the Steelers style on defense. When you no longer can intimidate with bone jarring hits,you must be technically sound,and the Steelers are not.
    Or you have to actually let your DBs jump a route to try and get some INTs instead of having them give several yards of cushioning.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Or you have to actually let your DBs jump a route to try and get some INTs instead of having them give several yards of cushioning.
    Yeah,I agree,they need to take chances,but when you are not tackling well you are still going to get burnt

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Yeah,I agree,they need to take chances,but when you are not tackling well you are still going to get burnt
    Then at least try to take the ball away. If you're going to get beaten anyways, might as well try to take some risks.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,728
    The philosophy is old as Lebeau, a change is needed.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,139

    I hate to bring ageism into this

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Ever think that the lack of talent might have something to do with our crap defense?
    You're not wrong. But name me ONE profession where a 70-year old can successfully hang with the best of the best. Just one.

    You can't, because there isn't one. There aren't many great 70-year old doctors, lawyers, engineers, schoolteachers, etc. Especially a hyper-competitive, fast-paced environment like professional football.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •