Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley's Offense Frustrating Pittsburgh Steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

Todd Haley's Offense Frustrating Pittsburgh Steelers

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251877/article/todd-haleys-offense-frustrating-pittsburgh-steelers"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251877/article/todd-haleys-offense-frustrating-pittsburgh-steelers[/URL]

Todd Haley's offense frustrating Pittsburgh Steelers
    By Marc Sessler

Asked this month about the state of his Pittsburgh Steelers offense, coordinator Todd Haley said: "I'm not happy with anything right now."

His employer can relate.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on "NFL GameDay Morning" that frustration is building in Pittsburgh over the conservative nature of Haley's offense. He faces a crucial game Sunday in London against the Minnesota Vikings, according to sources involved in the situation. Win or lose, the Steelers plan to reassess where they are on offense during the team's upcoming bye week.

The belief is a change at coordinator is unlikely, Rapoport was told, but nobody knows definitively because the decision would come from ownership, not coach Mike Tomlin.

Haley has been an ill fit in Pittsburgh from the start, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger "is actually buying in; he is grinning and bearing it," Rapoport was told. "And things still have not improved. I think, if you pulled him aside privately, what he would want is a little more no-huddle, a chance where he gets to call the plays."

When NFL Media columnist Mike Silver talked with Haley before the Steelers departed for London, the coordinator was "very optimistic."

"(Haley) said Ben came into his office Monday after their previous defeat all down, blaming himself," Silver reported Sunday. "(Haley told him) you're not the reason we're going to lose games. You're the reason we're going to win a lot of games together."

That hasn't been the case during Haley's run in Pittsburgh. Lay another egg, and we might be in for a busy bye week in the Steel City.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm fairly certain that Haley's offense isn't designed to miss open receivers or turn the ball over....

If it is, then he should be fired...

Otherwise, perhaps the title of the article should be, "Haley frustrated with Steelers' offense."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've equated Haley to Lane Kiffin, in terms of production, offensive system (similarity), and even personality. He better realize what happened to Kiffin, and look himself in the mirror. Drop the ego, be more flexible, and open the lines of communication.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I'm fairly certain that Haley's offense isn't designed to miss open receivers or turn the ball over....

Otherwise, perhaps the title of the article should be, "Haley frustrated with Steelers' offense."
    It's been designed for end-arounds with Cotchery and check-downs to Redman short of the goal line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    It's been designed for end-arounds with Cotchery and check-downs to Redman short of the goal line.
    LOL.. yeah, I'm pretty sure we all know the OC doesn't suit up and play QB or WR...

He is judged on how the offense performs and lately it hasn't been up to par.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

I'm pretty sure every OC designs there offense to have a chance to score on every play... unfortunately, or fortunately..., OC's are hired and fired based on how the players execute on the field.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm pretty sure every OC designs there offense to have a chance to score on every play... unfortunately, or fortunately..., OC's are hired and fired based on how the players execute on the field.
    Most OCs probably don't have mandates to shackle their franchise QB from the owner's son.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yes to this. No OC could be successful with our OL
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Bicknell should be fired for trotting out Adams series after series. Adams is a complete joke. He's the worst player dressed, on either team.

Backup

User Info Menu

They need to fire both coordinators now.