Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St LeBeau on Turnovers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

St LeBeau on Turnovers

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/steelers-defense-losing-turnover-battle-221218485--nfl.html[/URL] Considering we don't have any yet through three games, we are guaranteed improvement in that department. Maybe this will be the week we 'break out' with a few...Ponder does have sore ribs.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well with our little to no pass rush he and his ribs should be well rested after this week

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

''I always want more sacks, but I think we're getting good pressure on the quarterback,'' LeBeau said. ''And our third-down numbers are pretty good, and that usually means you're getting some pressure on the quarterback.''
    If tied for 15th in the league is pretty good, then carry on DL....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When you don't play press, allowing WR to run their routes clean, and the opposing QB gets rid of the ball quick, you won't get picks or sacks.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    If tied for 15th in the league is pretty good, then carry on DL....
    When you can never admit "your baby is ugly" then you will accept and rationalize any numbers as good.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Can't get pressure, can't get turnovers, can't run the ball, can't protect the QB, can't score points, etc. Sounds to me like Tomlin, LeBeau, and Haley should all be fired.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    When you don't play press, allowing WR to run their routes clean, and the opposing QB gets rid of the ball quick, you won't get picks or sacks.
    agree 100%

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Can't get pressure, can't get turnovers, can't run the ball, can't protect the QB, can't score points, etc. Sounds to me like Tomlin, LeBeau, and Haley should all be fired.
    If this season goes how most of us think it is going to go, I'm all for a house cleaning of the coaching staff.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't claim to know half as much as DL has forgot over the years even though i stayed at a Holiday Inn last night,
    BUT
    You can have the most exotic zone blitz schemes in place that may have worked 5+ years ago, but you need to be able to adapt to the changing NFL today.
    You play the Steelers now, you spread them out and take what they give you.
    Corners are playing 8 yards off the line, take the 5 yard pass.
    Blitz is coming, get rid of the ball quick.
    Dropping your OLB's into coverage, you know the ILB blitz is coming and hit the crosser.
    Allowing QB's early in the game to get into a passing rythym is the norm now.
    This waiting for the QB to make a mistake defense is a thing of the past.
    QB's are too smart now and seem to be willing to take what we give them.
    It's an all too familiar trend that has plagued us for the last few years.
    Proof is in the lack of takeaways.
    Proof is evident to anyone who watches every game.
    Surprise us DL and make some changes like you did vs. NE
    Stop being so stubborn and bring back the physicality we are lacking as a bend but don't break defense.
    My 2 cents

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    So you are saying that every other team in the league plays 'press' as their primary coverage.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!