Thread: Time to Put on the Big Boy Pants

Legend

User Info Menu

Time to Put on the Big Boy Pants

Seriously, we can turn this thing around. We just need a couple guys to step their game up starting with our franchise QB. Ben, Troy, Heath, Woodley, Ike, and Timmons have the capability to carry the club. It's time to start doing it.

And there's some young guys with potential that could give us a real boost in AB, Jarvis, Decastro, Cortez, Shark, Wheaton, Williams, and Heyward.

Add in the meat and potatoes pluggers on the team like Clark, Dwyer, Fernando, and Keisel and this should start adding up to a recipe for success. This team isn't bad. They're just playing bad. But with the guys on this roster, it's about time to start turning the corner and rounding out into a good ball club.

I expect some good football starting this weekend. And going into the second half of the season, if we can get some of the youngsters stepping up, I don't think great this season is completely out of the question. It's time for some of our highest paid players to step up their game and start stacking some wins. Hold it down until we can get the new guys some more experience in the fold and we'll be solid and potentially one of the most dangerous teams in the league come December.

I know our vets can do it. We've all seen it. And the up and comers are gonna do it because we can see their talent excelling on ST.

Don't lose faith my friends. We're gonna do this!!!!! Let's roll!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with Flippy

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

To achieve,you must believe.Let's go

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm with ya. I have a feeling Ben is going to have a great game.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bottom line, is that the season continues/ends tomorrow

In another thread, I said I'd root until the end. And I will. But dropping to 0-4, and more than anything else--losing a must-win game to a 0-3 team, would be the death knell for our beloved Steelers this year. It is very scary when you think about it, because we could easily lose.

OTOH, win this game, and we safely get to the bye week. We can lick our wounds, sharpen what we need to, in preparation for the vaunted Jets (where we can again test DL's practically perfect record vs. rookie QBs).

Backup

User Info Menu

It's not the veterans I worry about on this team, it's the young guys - the guys that haven't won anything. They act like they're hot-**** and they don't seem to listen to any of the veteran players. Tomlin is too buddy-buddy to humble them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    It's not the veterans I worry about on this team, it's the young guys - the guys that haven't won anything. They act like they're hot-**** and they don't seem to listen to any of the veteran players. Tomlin is too buddy-buddy to humble them.
    Yeah. Tomlin is infamous for being "buddy-buddy"...especially with young players...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Va Steelr View Post
    To achieve,you must believe.Let's go
    Can I steal this? It needs to become part of my regular lexicon.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.