Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Quotes After The Game

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tomlin Quotes After The Game

Tomlin threatening players who won't want to help turn around the season - "Those who don't ain't going to be a part of this ... whoever it may be.''

He then went on to speak about how the Vikings had some "explosion plays" on the Steelers that helped make the difference in the game. Explosion plays is one of his new favorite terms.

I don't believe for a second the Steelers will release anyone on this team in the forseeable future. Oh, wait, maybe he'll send a message by releasing Mesko. What a joke.

Tomlin has zero teeth as a leader and these guys have tuned him out. Reading his quote above is laughable. Perhaps serious actions, rather than just words, would be the way to go.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Tomlin threatening players who won't want to help turn around the season - "Those who don't ain't going to be a part of this ... whoever it may be.''

He then went on to speak about how the Vikings had some "explosion plays" on the Steelers that helped make the difference in the game. Explosion plays is one of his new favorite terms.

I don't believe for a second the Steelers will release anyone on this team in the forseeable future. Oh, wait, maybe he'll send a message by releasing Mesko. What a joke.

Tomlin has zero teeth as a leader and these guys have tuned him out. Reading his quote above is laughable. Perhaps serious actions, rather than just words, would be the way to go.
    EXPLOSION PLAY must be his new term for SPLASH PLAY. He was real big on that the last couple years.
    If I had to guess I might guess Dwyer would be the one to get cut.
    I wondered too if he would actually cut Adams and Gilbert, yet who would you replace them with. The way he said it though gives him an out in that he could say he is seeing an effort to improve.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Tomlin is a joke. The only people that buy into his BS is the ignorant and the media because they love those catch phrases that Tomlin provides. He's all talk and zero substance. He reminds me of a politician. Actions speak louder than words and Tomlin doesn't provide enough positive actions to be a HC.

If the Rooneys want a good talker and a politician type... keep Tomlin has the HC.

If they want a HC that can build a talented team and win games then hire someone besides Tomlin.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where's the one about players not being prepared to play?

really alarming.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Tomlin is a joke. The only people that buy into his BS is the ignorant and the media because they love those catch phrases that Tomlin provides. He's all talk and zero substance. He reminds me of a politician. Actions speak louder than words and Tomlin doesn't provide enough positive actions to be a HC.

If the Rooneys want a good talker and a politician type... keep Tomlin has the HC.

If they want a HC that can build a talented team and win games then hire someone besides Tomlin.
    damn do I agree with the politician part. That actually sums up a lot of my emotions about him that I had been trying to pin point

Rookie

User Info Menu

The media seems to love Tomlin, but perhaps people's opinions have begun to change, given what's happened the last 2+ years. When you don't have top-level talent, you have to coach guys up and put them in the best position to succeed. I'm watching the Patriots/Falcons game and, on both sides of the ball, both teams look fast, mean and poised. It's a stark contrast to that circus I watched this afternoon. Tomlin needs to at least be put on notice after this start. It's about guys making plays, but it starts with coaching. Steelers don't have it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The players don't respect Tomlin anymore. They knew what he was the minute ownership went over his head and canned Arians.

Just like Rapoport said today, any decision on Haley will come from ownership.

If Tomlin in his 7th season, STILL isn't allowed to hire/fire his own coordinators? The players then realize he's not a leader, he's a puppet.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is troubling with Tomlin is that he's never shown the ability to turn things around when they start going south. The "hell season." The 2-6 collapse last year. And now this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Someone made the point to me that he's not running "Cowher's team anymore" ...I see the truth in that. He has a career in politics b/c the rhetoric has worn off.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeBeauLand View Post
    The players don't respect Tomlin anymore. They knew what he was the minute ownership went over his head and canned Arians.

Just like Rapoport said today, any decision on Haley will come from ownership.

If Tomlin in his 7th season, STILL isn't allowed to hire/fire his own coordinators? The players then realize he's not a leader, he's a puppet.
    I agree and it's quite sad actually. Why hire a coach then hire and fire his assistance. Just coach the team yourself Dan.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]