Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Adams really THAT bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought it was the block by DJ on the second TD run that sprung Bell. As a bright spot on the team, I think DJ's been doing better than any of us expected. He started showing potential right before he went down with the ACL last year and I think he's back.
    DJ took out the LB (from memory), but Adams took the DE & moved him toward the center of the pile, giving Bell plenty of room.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Chadman,
    Since you are in the outlandish stance business (only in this instance! , let me make my own outlandish statement. I think Adams is probably the 3rd or 4th best Left Tackle currently on the roster. In fact, what would show leadership is somehow stepping up (a la Alan Faneca) and offering to step in at LT. I'm thinking Decastro.

And before you say he has his hands full at Guard let alone Tackle, I get it. At the same time, I think he brings a fighter's mentality that neither Gilbert or Adams does. Furthermore, I don't think he can do much worse there than either of those two. But it would show great leadership, great spunk, in a young guy stepping up to a challenge. What is the worst that could happen? Ben get killed? He's already going to.
    Given the way the whole team has lacked a real sense of personal responsibility, if a guy like DeCastro did something like that, it'd certainly show a certain amount of moxie.

That said, it could also be considered to be a lack of respect to the guy that is struggling.

Chadman would much prefer that the OL start getting together, away from the coaches, to work on cohesion. And to be honest, the most senior guy on the OL should be stepping up. Ramon Foster.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Given the way the whole team has lacked a real sense of personal responsibility, if a guy like DeCastro did something like that, it'd certainly show a certain amount of moxie.

That said, it could also be considered to be a lack of respect to the guy that is struggling.

Chadman would much prefer that the OL start getting together, away from the coaches, to work on cohesion. And to be honest, the most senior guy on the OL should be stepping up. Ramon Foster.
    That would be OK with me too (Foster), and while I think Foster would be more prepared for such a move, I think Decastro moving would (as you said) have a certain impact. And it would show A LOT of leadership and accountability! As for lack of respect to the guy (Adams), I frankly don't care. And I don't mean it to be mean. I just consider him to be one of those Tomlin said at tonight's presser "aren't going to be a part of the team".

Let's not mince words here: I would seriously consider cutting him right now. At this point, the main thing that might stop me isn't his "potential", but his mental well-being and maybe harming himself. It sounds harsh, but he has to feel AWFUL for his play to this point. He deserves to be cut. So I'm not concerned with him feeling disrespected.
    Last edited by Shoe; 09-30-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I couldn't believe, I was watching Adams just standing there and letting Defense players get around him like I saw.
    Was he on drugs? What the hell......Can we not bring in players like the center to replace a few people... like now?
    I mean make changes right now...
    Last edited by Sword; 09-30-2013 at 09:14 AM.