Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is Adams really THAT bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Can someone teach him to be an aggressor? Does he always have to play polite?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesnt really matter at this point any way?
    Adams stunk up the joint badly today and stayed in the whole game.
    I really don't care if he improves in a few years.
    The musical lineman rotation is Tomlin's creation.
    He created this monster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman is going to stick by Adams.

He created the hole very nicely for Bell to run through for his 2nd TD.

The OL is hampered by the lack of seperation of the WR's.
    You know I respect the Chadman's evaluation of talent. And I also remember you had a first round grade on Adams. We all miss from time to time. This is your once in a lifetime miss.

So, call a spade a spade here Chadman. I know you see it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Can someone teach him to be an aggressor? Does he always have to play polite?
    I don't think you can teach work ethic and a nasty streak. He is missing both. No doubt in my mind he has the talent. I just don't think he wants to be great...not even good...just good enough. He was just good enough at OSU. He is falling well short of that in the pros.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was listening to the pre-game radio show today. They had a former player talking (don't know who it was,I missed the early part) He sais Adams relies too much on his long reach,and his foot work is bad. He said he can't be sure but Adams may have lost strength because of his stabbing this summer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You know I respect the Chadman's evaluation of talent. And I also remember you had a first round grade on Adams. We all miss from time to time. This is your once in a lifetime miss.

So, call a spade a spade here Chadman. I know you see it.
    It's looking bad at the moment, but Chadman does get the feeling that things are looking increasingly calamitous (spell check!) with every snap. It's like dominoes, one thing goes wrong, then the momentum builds & before you know it, everything is inept.

Obviously, Chadman has suggested the WR's lack of seperation as partly responsible for what we see. But the coaches have to take a lot of responsibility for this, from Tomlin down.

When you have 2 1st Round Olinemen & 2 2nd Round Olinemen on a line of 5, the talent is there. It's up to the coaches, from the HC, to the OC, to the OL Coach to give these guys the best opportunity to succeed.

Schematically, something is off.

Why, for example, can the OL give Ben enough time to find WR's when they go hurry-up, but not on set passing downs? How is that possible?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Neither Gilbert or Adams play angry. They both were known for being soft in college. And we wonder why they are struggling? I agree that technique is likely a problem. But, you need OLmen with some attitude. You need some mean SOBs.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman is going to stick by Adams.

He created the hole very nicely for Bell to run through for his 2nd TD.

The OL is hampered by the lack of seperation of the WR's.
    I thought it was the block by DJ on the second TD run that sprung Bell. As a bright spot on the team, I think DJ's been doing better than any of us expected. He started showing potential right before he went down with the ACL last year and I think he's back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chadman,
    Since you are in the outlandish stance business (only in this instance! , let me make my own outlandish statement. I think Adams is probably the 3rd or 4th best Left Tackle currently on the roster. In fact, what would show leadership is somehow stepping up (a la Alan Faneca) and offering to step in at LT. I'm thinking Decastro.

And before you say he has his hands full at Guard let alone Tackle, I get it. At the same time, I think he brings a fighter's mentality that neither Gilbert or Adams does. Furthermore, I don't think he can do much worse there than either of those two. But it would show great leadership, great spunk, in a young guy stepping up to a challenge. What is the worst that could happen? Ben get killed? He's already going to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams is over-depending on his "long reach"?? The way he played out there today I thought he was auditioning for the part of "Alligator Man" in the new Pixar dinosaur cartoon. He was like that guy in Monty Python trying to win a sword fight after his arms got cut off. "Come back here, I'll kick you to death". Except that guy didn't duck his head every time he tried to kick ...

What is it w/ our linemen ducking their heads at the point of contact- first DD, then Adams today :WFT??? It's like some tic, is there a medical issue going on? Because if there's not, coaches need to make it *stop*!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!