Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go Bucs!

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's go Bucs!

And I don't mean Tampa Bay! It been a generation but starting tonight, every Steelers fan should be pulling for the Pirates to take two out of the next three games for a "play in" game at home.

Personally, I would take another Steelers loss this Sunday in exchange for the Pirates taking the series against the Reds.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And I don't mean Tampa Bay! It been a generation but starting tonight, every Steelers fan should be pulling for the Pirates to take two out of the next three games for a "play in" game at home.

Personally, I would take another Steelers loss this Sunday in exchange for the Pirates taking the series against the Reds.
    I told God a few years ago I would give up a Steeler season to see the Pirates get over .500...

Playoffs are icing on the cake but now that they are in it I wouldn't mind seeing them get past this 1 game play in game. I'm still hoping St. Louis finds a way to lose the rest of their games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not really concerned about this series. Just gotta win that 1 game in Pittsburgh or Cincy. I'm more concerned about who ends up pitching that 1 game. I'd personally go with Cole who seems to be on a hot streak vs Liriano who would probably get the start. Liriano hasn't been great lately and I don't think he's ever beat the Reds.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm not really concerned about this series. Just gotta win that 1 game in Pittsburgh or Cincy. I'm more concerned about who ends up pitching that 1 game. I'd personally go with Cole who seems to be on a hot streak vs Liriano who would probably get the start. Liriano hasn't been great lately and I don't think he's ever beat the Reds.
    Ive missed the last handful of games especially with living in columbus currently BUT wasnt there some talk about Burnett being on the mound? Im not sure id want Cole pitching considering his inexperience but the hot hand is the hot hand and or arm. Either way i was 10 the last time the bucs were in the post season. Super pumped.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

why would I do that...I'm from Boston but, loved the Steelers since I was 12 but, a huge Red Sox fan... sorry....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Ive missed the last handful of games especially with living in columbus currently BUT wasnt there some talk about Burnett being on the mound? Im not sure id want Cole pitching considering his inexperience but the hot hand is the hot hand and or arm. Either way i was 10 the last time the bucs were in the post season. Super pumped.
    Burnett is pitching tonite. Ge seems to win every other start. He did have a good game against Cincy in his last start. I don't know if it would make sense to come back to him again on a short rest. But odds are he's gonna lose tonight and then win his next start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    why would I do that...I'm from Boston but, loved the Steelers since I was 12 but, a huge Red Sox fan... sorry....
    stay out then...

some of us were raised on all things Pittsburgh..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    stay out then...

you cant cherry pick the steelers and not take the pirates with them. i'm calling a party foul

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    stay out then...

Some of us fans didn't have the luxury of growing up in one home town because, in my situation father was in Army and lived in Germany twice, MO,TX,NJ,VA,etc...get the picture.
    Steeler fan now for 38 years and Red Sox fan for 45 years.....

The quote was all Steeler fans should be pirate fans which, doesn't make since for a lot of people....
    Last edited by Sword; 09-27-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes exciting games being played in September by the Bucs for the first time since I was 3 years old... Let's Go Bucs!!