Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go Bucs!

Legend

User Info Menu

We gotta close this out tomorrow. I don't wanna go back to St Louis and face Wainwright again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't remember the last time I didn't care about football in early October and cared so much about baseball. Probably back in 1986 when I was a Mets Fan!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I should be there. I got blocked from the site right before the start of game 1.

I'm pumped up today and can't wait. Man, I'm still excited about how good Cole has become. I'm gonna be surprised if he doesn't end up winning the Cy Young next season. He's on fire. And with his new breaking ball, this kid is becoming more unhittable by the minute. I was just reading that after we beat the Reds and everyone was in the locker room popping bottles and celebrating, Cole was the lone player in the Pirates bullpen getting some work in to prepare for the Cards.

We talk a lot about different players putting in work to be great. And I'm not sure anyone compares to Cole. We hear about guys showing up early or staying after practice/games. But who works while their entire team is celebrating? This kid's a little crazy. I guess I can't remember other pitchers who can just decide to crank up their fastball and start throwing harder in inning 6 when he was hitting 100/101 consistently. Especially in the non steroid era we're in. We should seriously think about extending him now before he becomes unaffordable in Pittsburgh.
    I believe he was instructed to get the work in that day to keep his arm on schedule for his next start.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pirates!!!!! Let's take this series tomorrow Buccos!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Nice to see the Bucs not only make the playoffs but actually make some noise.

As for the Steelers, they need to put on some lipstick and bend over. They're Pittsburgh's bitch now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Buccos are gonna get it done today to move on!!!! Rain be damned!!!!!
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

who is pitching? Cole?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    who is pitching? Cole?
    Morton, who's 0-6 in his last 7 starts against the Card with an ERA around 7. Morton also gives up more runs during day games vs night games. I'm feeling a little nervous about this matchup. Hopefully we score a boatload of runs early and often.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Morton, who's 0-6 in his last 7 starts against the Card with an ERA around 7. Morton also gives up more runs during day games vs night games. I'm feeling a little nervous about this matchup. Hopefully we score a boatload of runs early and often.
    what's up with Meloncon or whatever his name is.. that dude has been giving up homers left and right lately but we keep using him. Does he have photo's of Hurdle

Legend

User Info Menu

Good start for Morton. Let's go Buccos!!!! Games on in case any of yinz forgot about the weird start time.