Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's go Bucs!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    How lucky we get a Pirate playoff game on our Steeler bye week!
    I know!!! it was looking like a dreadful boring sunday. now we have a game of significance!!

and I also agree that the winner of this series is the likely WS champ. the NL central was a beast this year.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe we will have better attendance in the chat room for this game. There were about four of us (sporadically) for the Reds game. I wasn't able to see the first two Cards games so I don't know if anyone showed for those...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Maybe we will have better attendance in the chat room for this game. There were about four of us (sporadically) for the Reds game. I wasn't able to see the first two Cards games so I don't know if anyone showed for those...
    I should be there. I got blocked from the site right before the start of game 1.

I'm pumped up today and can't wait. Man, I'm still excited about how good Cole has become. I'm gonna be surprised if he doesn't end up winning the Cy Young next season. He's on fire. And with his new breaking ball, this kid is becoming more unhittable by the minute. I was just reading that after we beat the Reds and everyone was in the locker room popping bottles and celebrating, Cole was the lone player in the Pirates bullpen getting some work in to prepare for the Cards.

We talk a lot about different players putting in work to be great. And I'm not sure anyone compares to Cole. We hear about guys showing up early or staying after practice/games. But who works while their entire team is celebrating? This kid's a little crazy. I guess I can't remember other pitchers who can just decide to crank up their fastball and start throwing harder in inning 6 when he was hitting 100/101 consistently. Especially in the non steroid era we're in. We should seriously think about extending him now before he becomes unaffordable in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Was in the local mall here in MN today, wearing my black Pirate shirt and black hat with the gold P. Got several comments, all positive, about the Pirates and Pittburgh. One man also predicted the Steelers to be back on their best game soon. But lots of positivity about the Bucs. It was real cool.

I'll get into chat tomorrow for the Pirates game, too. Hope to see a crowd there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Was in the local mall here in MN today, wearing my black Pirate shirt and black hat with the gold P. Got several comments, all positive, about the Pirates and Pittburgh. One man also predicted the Steelers to be back on their best game soon. But lots of positivity about the Bucs. It was real cool.

I'll get into chat tomorrow for the Pirates game, too. Hope to see a crowd there.
    Maybe they're rooting with us for their boy Morneau. Glad to see him get a couple hits for us on Friday. It'd be nice if he could get into a groove. I'm surprised he hasn't hit better for us this season and doesn't even have 1 HR since joining the Bucs.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll try to join the chat tomorrow. Helps calm the nerves....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Beat em Bucs!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=flippy;577634]Maybe they're rooting with us for their boy Morneau. Glad to see him get a couple hits for us on Friday. It'd be nice if he could get into a groove. I'm surprised he hasn't hit better for us this season and doesn't even have 1 HR since joining the Bucs.[/QUOTE

They gave no mention of Morneau today, though he is well regarded up here. Local news/sports frequently mention Morneau and Liriano when they talk about the Pirate games. I understand that Morneau married a local girl fromrural MN, county just north of here, and the locals expect (hope) he comes back to the Twins. Seems like a top shelf guy and great teammate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good to know one Pittsburgh team can hold a lead! Way to go Bucs. Just need one more game!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Rtjr......