Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what if...

Legend

User Info Menu

As a fan watching on TV in Canada, 300 miles away, I am still under the mistaken impression that whoever I cheer for will have no effect on the outcome of the game. I will always cheer for them to win, but am less upset if they lose than I would be otherwise.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Seattle Seahawks D doesn't have a problem being physical and creating TO's
    That's kind of my point. We were terrors until the rule changes that targeted our style. Now we are meek and its up to the coaches to find a new way to regain the swag we used to have. Seattle demonstrates it can be done.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    As a fan watching on TV in Canada, 300 miles away, I am still under the mistaken impression that whoever I cheer for will have no effect on the outcome of the game. I will always cheer for them to win, but am less upset if they lose than I would be otherwise.
    My neighbors are pretty sure the Steelers can hear me from 500 miles away every Sunday. And I'm sure they'll still be able to hear me all the way in London. If they would only listen to me. Even when I ramble and don't make sense during the games

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...we lose this Sunday and sit at 0-4? Are you hoping we turn it around and maybe finish with a mediocre 8-8 or 9-7 record for a moral victory? Or are you hoping we tank it so we have a real chance for a difference making draft pick? Personally, I do not want to be in draft "no mans land" where we can't get a difference making player and we can get the same type of player we could get 5-10 players later.

Before many start with holier than thou "we always try to win" no matter what, just remember how the Penguins got Mario Lemieux and Sid Crosby. How'd that work out? Really think they were trying to win all those games?

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward. What are your thoughts?
    How could anyone root for us to wind up at the bottom of the league? That would be some pretty strong evidence that we are trending downwards heading into 2014. I would much rather see us fix some of these deficiencies and build some momentum heading into the offseason. If you go 3-13 or 2-14, the you're going to need a lot more than a single stud player to make a difference on a team that bad. A franchise quarterback is probably the only player capable of that and we have one of those already.

Being put in a position to draft one guy, who may or may not even pan-out is poor compensation for a season of misery and little hope heading into the following year. Let's also consider the caliber of players we've been able to get in the "no man's land" you referred to. Hampton (19), Polamalu (16), Roethlisberger (11), Timmons (15), Pouncey (1, DeCastro (24), Jones (17). You never how the draft will unfold and at this point I personally have zero idea of the talent available in next years' draft.

Do your homework and draft players that fit your team and you will never need to pick near the top.

I'll take the wins all day long.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At 0-4, it is still too early for me to just pack it in... For my own selfish viewing pleasure, I will root root root for a 7-9 type season before a 1-15 type season.

We wait all year for football; I'll be d@mned if I pack it in after 3 or 4 or even 10 weeks!
    Last edited by Shoe; 09-28-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    My neighbors are pretty sure the Steelers can hear me from 500 miles away every Sunday. And I'm sure they'll still be able to hear me all the way in London. If they would only listen to me. Even when I ramble and don't make sense during the games
    Oh, I don't doubt that they hear me. I just don't think that it has any effect.