Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Cassel will start for the Vikings on Sunday

Backup
    Hasn't Cassel been out for over a year?? I can't remember the last time he took a snap. If the Steelers defense can't stop him, and have 3 to 5 interceptions, it should be LeBeau on the chopping block. It would be inexcusable to lose to this QB!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Hasn't Cassel been out for over a year?? I can't remember the last time he took a snap. If the Steelers defense can't stop him, and have 3 to 5 interceptions, it should be LeBeau on the chopping block. It would be inexcusable to lose to this QB!!!

JD
    I watched Brian Hoyer shred the Vikes D last week, and he was a player who has not played a meaningful game since...college?? I watched Christian Ponder - an entrenched NFL starter - play at a level that should be several steps below high school backup last week. (I had the Vikes in my elimination pool, otherwise I wouldn't have spent that much time watching a game between those two teams.)

Don't judge until you have watched him play. At the very least he will be an upgrade over Ponder, just not as mobile. Not saying we shouldn't beat him, but I would have been much happier to see Cassel in last week instead of Ponder.