Thread: Is OLine Getting Better?

Legend

Is OLine Getting Better?

Aside from the play of Mike Adams and some communication issues, I think everyone else on the line is improving significantly. Gilby, DD, Fernando, and Foster all look like NFL players all of a sudden.

Things may be looking up for this unit.

Although, I worry Adams may take a beating against Allen this week and that could create some problems.

Overall, I have a feeling if we don't turn the ball over and let the score get out of hand, we can mix it up offensively and keep Minny off balance and control the game. I wouldn't have thought this would be possible after the TEN game. But it feels like this thing might be on the verge of clicking.

Just say a prayer for Adams. He still looks like a lost soul.

Pro Bowler
    Flip did they play a game between today and last Sunday?
    Perhaps they took some baby steps but still a lot of room for improvement.
    Also, why isn't Adams given any help?

Pro Bowler
    I don't know if it is getting better, but I am still optimistic that it will... particularly with Foster-Velasco-Decastro. And that is saying quite a bit, considering Decastro's spear job. And the fact that our C was sitting on his couch like me just two weeks ago. I think all of these guys have a get-r-done attitude, that will allow them to gel and improve.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I don't know if it is getting better, but I am still optimistic that it will... particularly with Foster-Velasco-Decastro. And that is saying quite a bit, considering Decastro's spear job. And the fact that our C was sitting on his couch like me just two weeks ago. I think all of these guys have a get-r-done attitude, that will allow them to gel and improve.
    I even think Gilby's playing better. I think we're gonna have a solid 4 up front in time. I'm starting to think I'd like to see what Beachum could do at LT.

I think that the Oline is getting better, simply because it is impossible for a line to play worse than the Steelers did in game 1. They started the season by opening no running lanes and allowing pressure on their QB almost every time that he dropped back.

Fast forward to the Chicago game, and they opened up several holes and gave Ben time several times. They got shut down a ton of times, but they created more chance for opportunities than either of the two previous weeks.

So, in a nutshell...improved yes, good no.