Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilbert Quote on Bell

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm just so happy that we have our back up back up QB position taken care of.

anything bell does this year is just gravy.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. With this o-line, he'll probably be playing...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and therein lies the problem. This roster was no where near deep enough to waste a 4th on a back up to the back up QB.

can you grasp that concept? You can't have it both ways.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Exactly. Just wonder how quick everyone will turn on him like they did Mendanhall when he is constantly getting hit in the backfield blaming the RB versus the terrible OL play.

haa,haaa,hhaaa...no. We were dogging Mendenhall because he was Spindenhall and because he peaked way too soon in his career. Guy isn't in the top half of the league right now and he is supposed to be a feature back. He is a slightly better than average back, that's it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    and therein lies the problem. This roster was no where near deep enough to waste a 4th on a back up to the back up QB.

can you grasp that concept? You can't have it both ways.
    Yeah! All the Steelers had to do was spend that day 3 pick on someone who isn't as good a player, and they'd suddenly be 3-0!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yep, that's what I said.

your blind homerism makes your credibility zero.

tell me again how the steelers will make him into trade bait in this offense.

Rookie

User Info Menu

To tell you "again" would mean that I would have told you "before"...which never happened...

Blind homerism...that's funny...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Speaking of Gilbert, on cooler talk radio broadcast he was asked about Beachum rotation and while Adams said that it was done to push them to make them play better. But Gilbert answer was that the whole OL had a stellar game. So just consider the source.
    Meaning nobody got their knee taken out by friendly fire-falling?

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully Bell is fast enough to keep Gilbert from falling on him

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Hopefully Bell is fast enough to keep Gilbert from falling on him
    At least Gilbert "falls".... DD is the one Bell needs to watch out for...that guy dives with the precision of a Stanford grad...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's give Bell a chance to stack up or did a deeper hole before we crown or drown him. That's coming from a skeptic.