Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Good News despite being 0-3...

Very funny ha ha

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I can list a few I guess..

the signing of Velasco

Heath Miller is back

Jarvis is getting significant PT

Troy is playing and looks good

OK, those haven't amounted to much, but hey its a start.
    I'm with you all the way... but the Troy's health is really a non factor, seeing as how this team is a loss or two away from being on their way to a top 5 draft pick next year.

I guess a bright spot is that Tomlin has coached teams that have had long losing streaks and finished with decent records. Previously, it had been a late season collapse (unleashing hell), but maybe this year the team gets the collapse out of the way early and finishes strong.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I guess a bright spot is that Tomlin has coached teams that have had long losing streaks and finished with decent records. Previously, it had been a late season collapse (unleashing hell), but maybe this year the team gets the collapse out of the way early and finishes strong.
    This is what I'm hoping for. I get the impression Tomlin is a little more patient and knows what he's got with all these young players. He's not pressing to unleash hell. To me, that almost seems to acknowledge this is a work in progress. And they have made some small strides forward in the last 2 games. Who knows where we may end up come December. I didn't expect this bad to start, but hopefully it just keeps getting better.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This is what I'm hoping for. I get the impression Tomlin is a little more patient and knows what he's got with all these young players. He's not pressing to unleash hell. To me, that almost seems to acknowledge this is a work in progress. And they have made some small strides forward in the last 2 games. Who knows where we may end up come December. I didn't expect this bad to start, but hopefully it just keeps getting better.
    "all these young players" overstates the case a bit. Most teams have way more depth and young talent than us.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    I don't usually agree with all the posts but with this one I do. However, I would like to add a few more points.

.? not sure about this one

That just about does it for me.
    I get most of these points but number 3 is just ridiculous!!!!!
    And the comment on point 2 is a flagrant violation of board policy. I am deeply offended!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-26-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Well stated and rational assessment. Are you nuts?