Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The great leader Ben Roethlisberger at it again...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I read this on Bleacher Report this morning and you know what I thought about it?
    Slow news day.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

How bout calling out Adams and Gilby instead

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How bout calling out Adams and Gilby instead
    Yes then it would not be an issue, but a Rook who haven't been a reason for losses OH YEA that should show em.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    BellIt appears that Ben Roethlisberger’s weekly radio show on 93.7 The Fan was a little more interesting than just the usual cliché-filled stuff we might find from the Steelers’ quarterback yesterday.

To say that Roethlisberger called out rookie running back Le’Veon Bell was an understatement.

When asked about Bell, this is what he had to say, “You can’t get a read on him. One day he’s practicing, one day he’s not. One day he’s going hard, one day he’s not. I wish I could (tell you) if he were a guy like Heath Miller, who you knew was busting his butt every day to get back there.”

I’m no expert but that sounds to me like you aren’t real impressed with a guy’s work-ethic. To be compared to Heath Miller, who has returned from a major knee injury in roughly nine months, sends a pretty strong message that you aren’t doing what you need to be doing.

Sounds to me like he is right on the mark for a rookie who hasn't been able to stay healthy and broke after four preseason carries. I am hopeful Bell is the second coming of Franco but I'm not betting anything on it until I see how he performs when the real bullets are flying.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds to me like he is right on the mark for a rookie who hasn't been able to stay healthy and broke after four preseason carries. I am hopeful Bell is the second coming of Franco but I'm not betting anything on it until I see how he performs when the real bullets are flying.
    Thank you.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah O, Bell can control a mid foot sprain. Yall are ridiculous somedays.

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point does it really matter?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah O, Bell can control a mid foot sprain. Yall are ridiculous somedays.
    Ridiculous? Sometimes...

But, at least they aren't douchebags...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    At this point does it really matter?
    We'll have a better gauge on that question after Sunday.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It's the attitude, I am fairly certain that if you had followed Heath for the year since his surgery you would have seen a player determined and dedicated to getting back on the field, period. I'm not comparing the injury, just what is expected of a player to get back on the field.

Now, I have no idea whether Heath busted his @ss or not and I don't have any idea if Bell is busting his @ss or not, but it seems what Ben is saying, is that if you need to see what it takes to get back on the field, you don't have to look any further than right here in this locker room.

A Lis Franc injury can end a career and so can a shredded knee, so, in some aspects the injuries are the same, they are career threatening.

I wish Bell a speedy recovery and 150 yards in London, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pappy
    Ben made it sound like it's been 6 months though.... I think it's unfair to point out Heath busting his hump for a year and then look over at Bell after 4 weeks and have "no idea" if he's working to get healthy

..and he is a RB too. Not sure you can be this casual when discussing an injury to a RB's foot.