Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilbert Quote on Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Gilbert Quote on Bell

"He's an Adrian Peterson-type -- I don't want to put him in the same category yet, but he has that type of playmaking ability to break tackles and get yards after he's hit," said tackle Marcus Gilbert.

Discuss
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    he has that type of playmaking ability to break tackles and get yards after he's hit," said tackle Marcus Gilbert.
    Not to put a damper I hope he is right but considering THE SOURCE it might be a little "wishful thinking"

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL...CL I was thinking the same thing. IMO, Peterson is the best back the NFL has seen since Barry Sanders. I am a Bell fan, but he isn't Peterson...not even close. But, obviously Gilbert has some man love for Bell. That can't be a bad thing.....right?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Speaking of Gilbert, on cooler talk radio broadcast he was asked about Beachum rotation and while Adams said that it was done to push them to make them play better. But Gilbert answer was that the whole OL had a stellar game. So just consider the source.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

man.. when will this nonsense stop.. just win a freaking game. I'm sick of all these interviews talking about what they see in practice and how hard so and so is working. Show us on game day that you are working harder than the other team. Until then... shut it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    "He's an Adrian Peterson-type -- I don't want to put him in the same category yet, but he has that type of playmaking ability to break tackles and get yards after he's hit," said tackle Marcus Gilbert.
    "...and he better be able to break tackles and get yards after he's hit, because he's going to be hit in the backfield a ton running behind this o-line," said everyone who has watched Marcus Gilbert and the Steelers o-line play this year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    "...and he better be able to break tackles and get yards after he's hit, because he's going to be hit in the backfield a ton running behind this o-line," said everyone who has watched Marcus Gilbert and the Steelers o-line play this year.
    Exactly. Just wonder how quick everyone will turn on him like they did Mendanhall when he is constantly getting hit in the backfield blaming the RB versus the terrible OL play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Bellcow gives him something to play harder for then by all means...praise away! Who knows, Gilbert could still surprise and turn out to be a respectable lineman yet.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Not to put a damper I hope he is right but considering THE SOURCE it might be a little "wishful thinking"
    If anything Gilbert is THE best guy to ask. Because Gilbert doesn't block anyone, Bell MUST make the first move and breaK tackles Who better to know this than Gilbert?

Edit: Oops! Ruthless gets it!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just so happy that we have our back up back up QB position taken care of.

anything bell does this year is just gravy.