Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The great leader Ben Roethlisberger at it again...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The great leader Ben Roethlisberger at it again...

Calling out Bell, saying he don't know about him making it sound like the rookie is dogging it. Hey Ben are you trying to take the pressure off your poor play.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hide the ping pong paddles

Legend

User Info Menu

Link? Quote? Or are we supposed to take your word for it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BellIt appears that Ben Roethlisberger’s weekly radio show on 93.7 The Fan was a little more interesting than just the usual cliché-filled stuff we might find from the Steelers’ quarterback yesterday.

To say that Roethlisberger called out rookie running back Le’Veon Bell was an understatement.

When asked about Bell, this is what he had to say, “You can’t get a read on him. One day he’s practicing, one day he’s not. One day he’s going hard, one day he’s not. I wish I could (tell you) if he were a guy like Heath Miller, who you knew was busting his butt every day to get back there.”

I’m no expert but that sounds to me like you aren’t real impressed with a guy’s work-ethic. To be compared to Heath Miller, who has returned from a major knee injury in roughly nine months, sends a pretty strong message that you aren’t doing what you need to be doing.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

here we go

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    BellIt appears that Ben Roethlisberger’s weekly radio show on 93.7 The Fan was a little more interesting than just the usual cliché-filled stuff we might find from the Steelers’ quarterback yesterday.

To say that Roethlisberger called out rookie running back Le’Veon Bell was an understatement.

When asked about Bell, this is what he had to say, “You can’t get a read on him. One day he’s practicing, one day he’s not. One day he’s going hard, one day he’s not. I wish I could (tell you) if he were a guy like Heath Miller, who you knew was busting his butt every day to get back there.”

I’m no expert but that sounds to me like you aren’t real impressed with a guy’s work-ethic. To be compared to Heath Miller, who has returned from a major knee injury in roughly nine months, sends a pretty strong message that you aren’t doing what you need to be doing.

Sounds to me like he is right on the mark for a rookie who hasn't been able to stay healthy and broke after four preseason carries. I am hopeful Bell is the second coming of Franco but I'm not betting anything on it until I see how he performs when the real bullets are flying.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds to me like he is right on the mark for a rookie who hasn't been able to stay healthy and broke after four preseason carries. I am hopeful Bell is the second coming of Franco but I'm not betting anything on it until I see how he performs when the real bullets are flying.
    Thank you.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Context ... The way it is being printed/portrayed is not the context in which it was said. Heard the show, and basically all Ben was saying was that since the injuries he hasn't been able to get a read on how good the kid may be when he comes back. Not like a proven commodity like Heath.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Context ... The way it is being printed/portrayed is not the context in which it was said. Heard the show, and basically all Ben was saying was that since the injuries he hasn't been able to get a read on how good the kid may be when he comes back. Not like a proven commodity like Heath.
    Guess we will ignore this post in order to overreact. I think the fans love some drama.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't take that as Ben not owning his stuff. I would take it more as him trying to motivate a rookie. With that said, we don't have the context of the entire conversation, so judgment of this convo will be short sighted and incomplete at best.