Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: The great leader Ben Roethlisberger at it again...

  1. #11
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059
    Oh please, don't hurt the rookie's feelings by showing him how the consummate pro goes about his business after an injury that shredded the support structure of his knee. Geesh, people will look for any reason to criticize Ben. If he says nothing, it's a problem, if he say's something it's a problem, evidently, watching Heath go through a mental and physical rehab to get back on the field isn't obvious enough of what is expected.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,323
    here we go

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,552
    Yeah, context might be nice. It doesn't make sense for Ben to "question" Bell at this point. First of all, Ben and the team is playing like $h!t themselves, and opens people up to tell him to look in the d@mn mirror. Second, Bell hasn't even been around long enough, for them to grate on each other's nerves (if this is to be believed).

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,323
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Oh please, don't hurt the rookie's feelings by showing him how the consummate pro goes about his business after an injury that shredded the support structure of his knee. Geesh, people will look for any reason to criticize Ben. If he says nothing, it's a problem, if he say's something it's a problem, evidently, watching Heath go through a mental and physical rehab to get back on the field isn't obvious enough of what is expected.

    Pappy
    different injury. different rehab, different timetable... not cool to compare them IMO

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    So a veteran player is calling out a rookie? Never seen that before in the NFL.
    A SB winning QB calling out a rookie is no big deal if you are 3-0, 2-1 or even 1-1. But when you are 0-3 and if you are one of the reasons that you are, then calling out a rookie who haven't contributed to wins or losses look bad. After he blame himself then the OL and OC should be next, not a rookie...

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Maybe to you Shawn, but not to the media outlets. I have already seen three different articles taking it the same way. The Depot being just one of them.
    If the media says it...must be true.

  7. #17
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,642
    Kinda the same thing Allen Faneca said about Ben all those years ago

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Context ... The way it is being printed/portrayed is not the context in which it was said. Heard the show, and basically all Ben was saying was that since the injuries he hasn't been able to get a read on how good the kid may be when he comes back. Not like a proven commodity like Heath.
    Guess we will ignore this post in order to overreact. I think the fans love some drama.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    A SB winning QB calling out a rookie is no big deal if you are 3-0, 2-1 or even 1-1. But when you are 0-3 and if you are one of the reasons that you are, then calling out a rookie who haven't contributed to wins or losses look bad. After he blame himself then the OL and OC should be next, not a rookie...
    Ben has blamed himself for what's going on if you haven't been listening. He's never been hesitant to accept blame, even if it shouldn't be his to accept.

    This really isn't an issue.

  10. #20
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    different injury. different rehab, different timetable... not cool to compare them IMO
    It's the attitude, I am fairly certain that if you had followed Heath for the year since his surgery you would have seen a player determined and dedicated to getting back on the field, period. I'm not comparing the injury, just what is expected of a player to get back on the field.

    Now, I have no idea whether Heath busted his @ss or not and I don't have any idea if Bell is busting his @ss or not, but it seems what Ben is saying, is that if you need to see what it takes to get back on the field, you don't have to look any further than right here in this locker room.

    A Lis Franc injury can end a career and so can a shredded knee, so, in some aspects the injuries are the same, they are career threatening.

    I wish Bell a speedy recovery and 150 yards in London, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •