Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin: "It’s going to be business as usual"

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow! Talk about taking a comment out of context and spinning it in the most negative light possible.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The problem isn't with the approach to practices. The fix isn't being tougher on the players. The problem pure and simple is in talent evaluation and putting the 'talent' in the best situation to let that talent shine. We have too many players that have no business starting in the NFL, and have let some players that were good to very good players walk because we evaluated them wrong. So whoever is doing the evaluating is wrong and needs replaced.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 09-25-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    The problem isn't with the approach to practices. The fix isn't being tougher on the players. The problem pure and simple is in talent evaluation and putting the 'talent' in the best situation to let that talent shine. We have too many players that have no business starting in the NFL, and have let some players that were good to very good players walk because we evaluated them wrong. So whoever is doing the evaluating is wrong and needs replaced.
    These statements are very difficult to refute in any fashion.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A couple of years ago when our o-line was.......well probably better than it was today someone posted a picture of Ben on the ground and two o-linemen standing around with the Arby's sign over their heads. Anyone know who has that?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    A couple of years ago when our o-line was.......well probably better than it was today someone posted a picture of Ben on the ground and two o-linemen standing around with the Arby's sign over their heads. Anyone know who has that?
    As sad as that was, it was pure comedy gold! As I recall, it was Willie Colon that was "thinkin' Arby's" so we'd have to update it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Now look at Willie Colon shinning as a Jet. Just like Legursky and our other lineman on the Bills (name escapes me). What changed? No BEN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Now look at Willie Colon shinning as a Jet. Just like Legursky and our other lineman on the Bills (name escapes me). What changed? No BEN
    Bills gave 7 sacks last week... 9 total
    Jets have given up 9 sacks total

Steelers have given up 10 sacks total... and we all know Ben is responsible for half the sacks. This OL isn't as bad as some like to believe...

we just lack a #1 RB and our WRs are suspect (except for Brown).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    It should be anything but business as usual, IMO. I don't understand this, okay, don't panic, I get that, but maybe strap the pads on and get after it a little bit in practice, this team is in a funk, they need something to turn the light bulb on for them. It's almost as if they still think they are playing preseason games and the NFL isn't counting these games in W-L columns.

The Steelers need to read the quote in my signature from Chuck Noll.

Pappy
    Is that 70's Chuck or 80's Chuck?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Bernard ran on this D, Forte ran on this D, AP will likely shred this D for 150.
    I am concerned about AP, too. I do believe the Steelers will stack 8 in the box and try to force Ponder into trying to beat our D with the pass. No defense for turnovers, and that is what most concerns me after the first 3 games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Post news articles all over the locker room. Steelers are done...they are terrible...all the media garbage about them. Let em read them. If it breaks their spirit...it wasn't meant to be and that should Tomlin a little something. If it lights em up...maybe it's the kick in the gut they need. With guys like this you have to insult their pride. They have to get angry...angry like Brown got angry against the Bears.
    Team lacks confidence... not sure this is the best way to instill it. I would maybe take the approach of quietly trying to coach up new leadership on the team from the young ones. Tomlin's got to pick his guy and go with it...