Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Tomlin: "Itís going to be business as usual"

  1. #1

    Tomlin: "Itís going to be business as usual"

    Yikes...I hope not!!!

    He should have said It's going to be anything but, Business as usual...

    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...8-c32033e2f148

    That being said, I do have a good feeling about Sunday....

  2. #2
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,813
    It should be anything but business as usual, IMO. I don't understand this, okay, don't panic, I get that, but maybe strap the pads on and get after it a little bit in practice, this team is in a funk, they need something to turn the light bulb on for them. It's almost as if they still think they are playing preseason games and the NFL isn't counting these games in W-L columns.

    The Steelers need to read the quote in my signature from Chuck Noll.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #3
    I believe the Steelers win this game handily. I dont see them turning it over Sunday. Im sure theres a little embarrasment after the Bears game. They can run on the Vikes. They can throw on the Vikes. I think defensively we can contain AP. I actually think we win somewhat easily. Ill say 23-13

  4. #4
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I believe the Steelers win this game handily. I dont see them turning it over Sunday. Im sure theres a little embarrasment after the Bears game. They can run on the Vikes. They can throw on the Vikes. I think defensively we can contain AP. I actually think we win somewhat easily. Ill say 23-13
    You would think this would be the case, unfortunately, I believe they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. The game will be close and I don't know why, coaching decisions, untimely turnovers, untimely big plays against, Adrian Peterson, the special teams fail this week, penalties, undisciplined, take your pick any one of those could happen or all of those could happen. This team is consistently, inconsistent, similar to last year and I can't imagine it changing this year.

    Of course, you could be right and this could be one of the good games in the inconsistency scheme of things.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You would think this would be the case, unfortunately, I believe they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. The game will be close and I don't know why, coaching decisions, untimely turnovers, untimely big plays against, Adrian Peterson, the special teams fail this week, penalties, undisciplined, take your pick any one of those could happen or all of those could happen. This team is consistently, inconsistent, similar to last year and I can't imagine it changing this year.

    Of course, you could be right and this could be one of the good games in the inconsistency scheme of things.

    Pappy
    Its hard to disagree with you papilon. Ill say this though. I watched the Browns Vikings game last week. I can honestly say. If we dont beat this Vikings team, who are we gonna beat?

  6. #6
    I don't know what's worse, Tomlin promising business as usual, or Tomlin promising to unleash hell...

  7. #7
    I think Tomlin is saying that the game planning and preparation wasn't the problem last week.

    It was the on field execution.

    The players were in position to succeed against Cincy and Chicago...they just didn't execute...

  8. #8
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I think Tomlin is saying that the game planning and preparation wasn't the problem last week.

    It was the on field execution.

    The players were in position to succeed against Cincy and Chicago...they just didn't execute...
    And, this has been going for about 11 games, IMO, business as usual is the incorrect path right now. Of course, I'm not a football guy, but I do help coach a pretty good soccer team and when the team gets in a funk, we change what we do in practice to pick up the intensity, we have our best offensive players compete against our best defensive players in 1v1s and 2v2s to increase the work rate, we condition more than usual to let them know there is a problem, etc, the Steelers need to get out of this funk and quickly I might add.

    This is where a coach can make a difference in my opinion.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I think Tomlin is saying that the game planning and preparation wasn't the problem last week.

    It was the on field execution.

    The players were in position to succeed against Cincy and Chicago...they just didn't execute...
    That's the way I took it as well. He's saying that even though they're leaving the country, they are still going to prepare for the Vikings the same way.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,000
    I'd read this more in the vain of - "you dance with who you brought" (or any such similar cliche). There's no magic bullet. There's no player appearing off the street to turn things around (maybe, Bell surprises). No new coach is coming in to turn it around. Believe it or not, there are some talented players on this team. At some point they need to stop being invisible (I'm looking at you Timmons) and play big boy ball. Adams has to do more than barely get a hand on a guy b/f he blows by him. No practice squad player is saving the line. And Ben needs to play better. Start with not turning it over 4 times.

    Focus on stopping AP and then you have a Ponder led team to beat. If Ponder eats up this team, we'll know they have collectively given up and the season is a total loss. Guys are simply cashing paychecks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •