Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 3 – Bears

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    My first time watching SNF in Heinz Field... woot! Surprise B-day (weekend outing) from the wifey... I must be doing something right.... if only the team would have successfully completed the comeback...
    You should have let me know you were going to be there...would have been nice to meet up with Mr. & Mrs. SoD. I had open seats in front of me too, because the people there gave up hope in the middle of the second quarter, getting up to leave and never returning. When we almost tied it up in the second half, I was thinking about how it would have felt to fairweather fans like that to miss out on an epic comeback...but all for naught. Oh well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redundantman View Post
    The Steelers inspire me ... in the worst way this year, but they still inspire me.
    Well there is the expression "a COMEDY" of errors.
    With this start it looks like you will have TONS of inspiration for your weekly "thoughts"

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ruthless, I'm fairly certain I saw you in a bathroom, you came in and jetted right back out after seeing the line. I wanted to say hi but that would've seemed very seedy to call you back into the bathroom. I was in said line for about 8 minutes and wasn't about to bail, I reaaaally had to pi$$). I figured I'd see you for sure out in the concourse or up near the 520's sections again...but no luck.

As for the game...I had a weird feeling I had seen this exact same game play out before...live at Heinz Field...and i had. 2005 AFC Championship vs. Patriots. Other than being known as the game that my beer froze inside the plastic cup i was holding (it was dam cold that day), the game ended 41-27, bears game was 40-23. Half time score back in '05 was 24-3 and featured a fairly furious comeback only to be thwarted by many turnovers and defensive td (I was so close to jumping out of my seat as Rodney Harrison taunted my section after scoring). Halftime score vs. bears 24-10, another comeback (this one to within 4 points) and plagued by turnovers and defensive tds again.

These are the only 2 losses i have witnessed while attending a game. But its not my fault, i have witnessed about 7 or 8 wins at least. I guess they know to lose in the most unkind way when they lose with me there.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You should have let me know you were going to be there...would have been nice to meet up with Mr. & Mrs. SoD. I had open seats in front of me too, because the people there gave up hope in the middle of the second quarter, getting up to leave and never returning. When we almost tied it up in the second half, I was thinking about how it would have felt to fairweather fans like that to miss out on an epic comeback...but all for naught. Oh well.
    she did a good job of keeping secret until the last minute... thought about sending from my iphone once we got there, but, just felt like i didn't know her plans and didn't want to ruin whatever she had planned....