Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 3 Bears

Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 3 Bears

1. This bad football team needed this win bad.

Jay Cutler – zero fu#$s given.

3. Yeah, they don’t have a running game, yeah yeah, we all know … but you do know the REAL reason Mendy was let go, right?

4. First time watching a Sunday Night Football game online …

5. Mercifully I was beset with buffering problems just as the Steelers “offense” was set to take the field. I got the good old spinning “refresh” circle for a good 5 minutes or so.

6. I got a connection restored in time to see the Chicago back run into the end zone … 10-0 … damn! Screw this … save me internet!

Urge to kill … fading ….

7. I mean, I’d get mad but it would be waste of emotion on this team.

8. I was sitting there thinking, “Can this team even score 10 points?” It’s a good thing they had 50 minutes left because they would need every minute of it. Come on Steelers!

That’s it. I’m watching something else.

9. At this rate we will be at the “if we win out we make the playoffs” posts by October 14th.

10. Ok, come on you fair weather fan … you are not jumping off the band wagon are you? .. you lousy band wagon, fair weather fans … the defense will get it back. They’ll step up! They’ll get the turnover! They’ll …

11. Ok dammit, the team is 0-2 and playing terrible. They have the Bears at home and promptly fall behind 24-3. Fortunately the Bears do something greedy/stupid (roughing the Steelers punter) and gift-wrap a chance to score that Ben and Brown manage to take advantage of – to their credit. BUT ...

I don’t want to see any TD celebration. There is nothing to celebrate. Catch the $#^* ball and save the showboating until this team can figure out which end of the football they are supposed to blow into to make it make music.

12. Those first two games were s o b a d … where do you go from there if you are the coach of this team? If you look at how this game started, it was perfect. Long drive by the Bears stalled and they had to settle for three. The Steelers come out on offense and the first play is a 10 yard run, the next play is a short pass to HEEEEEEATH … absolutely textbook. Absolutely the perfect thing to do: get some ground yards, get Miller involved … could this be Todd Haley’s finest hour?

13. 2nd and 4, Foster (and Jones) completely blow a zone blocking scheme on a called pass. Ben is rushed and drops the ball. It is downhill from there.

14. To harp on the point … these plays are a great microcosm of the Steelers problems. It is obvious what this defense is. It is obvious that this defense will no longer win games for this team. The offense must produce. The only way they can do that is put the ball in the hands of their playmakers: Ben and Heath and of course, a great running back and backup running back because, you know, the Steelers run the ball right? Well they would but the coaching staff spent all preseason dicking around, playing footise with the wrong damn people so in a brainless, bone-headed move they pick up Jones and stick him into a troubled blocking scheme that was implemented by a seemingly well-intentioned offensive coordinator who is trying his darndest to “extend the shelf life of the QB” but can’t because his oline doesn’t know what to do, his running back is just off the bus and his star tight-end is not available because, like half of this team, he is closer to Shady Hills Retirement Home than he is to his money days …

15. Phew … I feel better now …

16. The inability to get a turnover is as maddening as … well, just about everything else about this team! I get the impression that if the ball dropped to the ground in the middle of a circle of Steelers and the opposing team had all went to the locker room thinking that the half ended or something, lightning would strike every Steelers team player dead and then a strong wind would blow the ball into the Steelers endzone where it would be touched by the ghost of Jim McMahon, resulting in 7 points by divine intervention.

And then the Steelers charred corpses would be flagged for delay of game and ticketed by the police department for smoking in the stadium.

17. Probably the saddest thing was the way the the Steelers were down 10-0 and backed up against their end zone … 4th down after an unsuccessful challenge by the Bears coaching staff. The Bears line up to go for it ... the Steelers faithful rise to their feet in full throat, full well knowing how important the stop could be … and it ... wasn’t. This team cannot get it

Getting mad at this team is pointless. It is the sports equivalent of being outraged at Miley Cyrus:

Nailed it!

I refuse to let these guys steal my joy.
    Last edited by redundantman; 02-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redundantman
    Catch the $#^* ball and save the showboating until this team can figure out which end of the football they are supposed to blow into to make it make music.
    This is classic comedy at its best and would be a lot funnier, except for the fact that its true.

Thank you Redundantman for making this otherwise train wreck of a season enjoyable. I will be looking forward to 13 more of these posts. If I don't get them, I will hunt you down, watch “The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock” with you and your daughter and then take you out for beer, wine, alcohol or whatever beverage you prefer.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-25-2013 at 08:23 AM.

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Excellent as always. Thank you.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Nice again.

Thanks .......

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler
    With the way this season is playing out you need to work in at least one pic of a super hot chick or rename this thread Redundant Thoughts (game planned by Haley)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    With the way this season is playing out you need to work in at least one pic of a super hot chick or rename this thread Redundant Thoughts (game planned by Haley)
    In fairness, maybe he liked the dude that looks like Miley

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Appreciate the redundant thoughts ...

Not appreciating the redundant feelings so far this season.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Thank you for the weekly laugh, Redundant Man!

You're only on the 3rd game though, you better pace your irony or you may be beyond the edges of the known universe by the end of the season!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!