Thread: NFL is a non-profit ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NFL is a non-profit ?

Heard this story on NPR today, thought it was worth sharing, and would make for an interesting discussion. Hope it stay up on Steelers Talk for a time before it gets moved to another set of threads.

[URL]http://www.npr.org/2013/09/24/225775287/nfls-a-nonprofit-author-says-its-time-for-football-reform[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Heard this story on NPR today, thought it was worth sharing, and would make for an interesting discussion. Hope it stay up on Steelers Talk for a time before it gets moved to another set of threads.

[URL]http://www.npr.org/2013/09/24/225775287/nfls-a-nonprofit-author-says-its-time-for-football-reform[/URL]
    Another sign that the apocalypse is upon us.

The end of the world as we know it!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

From a public and financial perspective the NFL is one of the biggest scams going. But so many people love the game, we look the other way. It is kinda crazy how the public gets up in arms over the taxes that Mitt Romney or GE or Haaliburton pays, but no one ever says a thing about the NFL.

Anyone else would go to jail doing what they do. Using tax payer money to fund stadiums and on the other end not paying taxes on any profits.

The NFL is effectively a Church and Roger Goodell is Jimmy Swaggert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    From a public and financial perspective the NFL is one of the biggest scams going. But so many people love the game, we look the other way. It is kinda crazy how the public gets up in arms over the taxes that Mitt Romney or GE or Haaliburton pays, but no one ever says a thing about the NFL.

Anyone else would go to jail doing what they do. Using tax payer money to fund stadiums and on the other end not paying taxes on any profits.

The NFL is effectively a Church and Roger Goodell is Jimmy Swaggert.
    I resent that remark greatly.

Jimmy Swaggert was an excellent piano player!

Swaggert was first cousins with Jerry Lee Lewis, and Mickey Gilley. Go figure. (All great ivory ticklers, though!).

Roger Goodell is tone deaf in all ways.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I resent that remark greatly.

Jimmy Swaggert was an excellent piano player!

Swaggert was first cousins with Jerry Lee Lewis, and Mickey Gilley. Go figure. (All great ivory ticklers, though!).

Roger Goodell is tone deaf in all ways.
    Throw some great balls of fire Roger's direction.

And then there's Johnnie Johnson. Incomparable. He'd deserve $30M/yr much more than Goodell. Too bad he was paid by Chuck Berry instead.

Anyway, the NPR story interested me, and the book sounds like an interersting read.
    Now I am gonna go bury myself in Linda Rhonstadt's new book.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, my church on Sunday's IS football and the NFL. Coincidence? Both high rolling scams?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Throw some great balls of fire Roger's direction.

Got to admit, I've had some thoughts that involve Roger's balls and fire, but because of my faith in the Lord, I've had to repent of them.