Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What do Steelers fans think about the NFL International games in London?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    Totally pointless, an NFl team has only 8 home games per season. Having one of them in London is a joke in my opinion.
    Why London anyway, just because it is an English speaking country? If anything such a game should be excecuted in Germany(Frankfurt), the biggest European country, where NFL Europe was a real sucess and where you have many Americans (military)

Stil, if the NFL wanted to grow it simply should have excecuted NFL Europe better.
    Why London? Easy answer=$$$$$$. Tons of expendable income in London and it is the destination locations for people with money from all over Europe and the Middle East. It is also one of the largest Corporate business centers in the world which means corporations buying blocks of tickets. It is also TV contract dollars because someone in Europe will bid for the broadcast rights.

I'm not supportive of teams in Europe at all. I fly there frequently on biusiness and the travel schedule would be a mess for teams especially in the winter when there are frequent delays due to weather. Plus there are very few US military left in Europe to provide a built in fan base. Just don't see how it works. Better to put a team in Canada and Los Angeles.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 09-27-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    The last time I flew to London it took less time than my flight to San Francisco (from DC). I don't have a problem with games in London. Does anyone know if the NFL and CFL have any corporate bonds? There could be a rule that you couldn't have a full time NFL team in say Toronto?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    The last time I flew to London it took less time than my flight to San Francisco (from DC). I don't have a problem with games in London. Does anyone know if the NFL and CFL have any corporate bonds? There could be a rule that you couldn't have a full time NFL team in say Toronto?
    Not sure what airline you fly, but I can get to the west coast from Orlando in 5 hours. From an eastern US city to London or Paris is 8 or 9 hours. Add another hour to Germany and probably two more for Rome. When you are talking west coast/mountain time zone US teams you could be talking 10-12 hours of flight time.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!