Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell is back!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You think the Steelers are good enough to keep their best players off the field and win games?

Pappy
    How can we consider Bell one of our best players when he doesn't have 5 total rush attempts (including preseason)?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    With this type of injury, what are the chances of a re-occurrence if he's coming back even a little bit early? The Vikes are 0-3, just got beat bu a Hoyer led Browns team (without out their franchise RB), and have Ponder at QB. Why not take the extra 2 weeks with the bye and bring him out against the Jets on 10/13?
    IMO, take that for what it's worth...but VERY high. I believe the foot will be sore until next years camp at bare minimum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer's the man right now, or should be.

Bell can be worked in to the rotation gradually.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    IMO, take that for what it's worth...but VERY high. I believe the foot will be sore until next years camp at bare minimum.
    Hoping you'd respond. This decision seems short sighted. A RB who has yet to take a hand-off in a regular NFL game and had very, very few in preseason isn't going to make much of a difference. Why risk the last 12 games when holding him out rests the foot and then gives him 2 weeks to practice and work his way back into the lineup before the Jets game. Hope I'm completely wrong and Bell runs wild with no residual effects after the game!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Hoping you'd respond. This decision seems short sighted. A RB who has yet to take a hand-off in a regular NFL game and had very, very few in preseason isn't going to make much of a difference. Why risk the last 12 games when holding him out rests the foot and then gives him 2 weeks to practice and work his way back into the lineup before the Jets game. Hope I'm completely wrong and Bell runs wild with no residual effects after the game!!
    I know my insight on Bell is limited for a couple reasons. 1) I'm not there to look at his films, see radiology reports, examine him etc. 2) I'm not an orthopod...so my opinion needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I can only speak of generalities. This kind of injury, even a mild sprain of the foot of a running back can set the running back up for a years worth of discomfort. 5 weeks isn't "early" for a mild sprain but he will likely have a lower threshold for re-injury. It feels like a reactive move due to being 0-3. The Steelers might be cutting off their noses to spite their face.

Rookie

User Info Menu

What he said !
    ROOKIE ??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    How can we consider Bell one of our best players when he doesn't have 5 total rush attempts (including preseason)?
    I was just rolling with what everyone else is saying about the kid. A lot of fans seem to be excited that he's back and ready to play. I thought Jones and Dwyer looked good against the Bears, not sure I'd bench them for Bell. I'd get Bell on the field for snaps, but not a lot until he gets through weeks of practice and has proven that he's the best option. After all, he is a Big 10 back and they haven't panned in the past in the NFL. At this point I'm from Missouri, show me.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm hoping the Steelers saw a bigger version of Jamaal Charles with this pick. Let's hope he turns out that way.
    Why did you pick charles as a comparison point? He is nothing like jamal charles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i wouldn't play him until after the bye at least.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If there is a back in this draft with the ability to run behind a questionable OL it's Bell.
    couldnt agree more,and im a buckeyes fan!!!