Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell is back!

Legend

User Info Menu

We really need Bell to perform, but the way this season has been I have this gloomy place in the back of my mind that says can't you count on a RB with a foot problem for the long term? Last I checked, feet were pretty important to RBs. Can someone please help me escape the gloomy place?

Hopefully, the team has seen enough that they don't do something stupid like release Dwyer and keep worthless Redman.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd still start Dwyer on Sunday. I think he's earned it. Let's see what Bell can do before we give him the job. For all we know, he's as ready to play RB as Mike Adams is ready to play LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Right now, the best RB for this team is Dwyer.When your OL pass protects as poorly as this one, you need a RB who can step up and take the man who comes free. These days we hope that it is only one man who does.

Go back and watch both TDs to Brown, as well as a host of other big pass plays that Ben completed against the Bears. On how many of them did Dwyer (who was not around at the beginning of the game when the Steelers went down 17-0 early) step up and take out a rusher?

He had a very good game, and I'm not just thinking about his couple of decent runs. In today's NFL the number one priority for a RB not named Peterson is to help out his QB as a blocker.

Backup

User Info Menu

I like Bell's pedigree, but I don't think a rookie RB was ever going to be the savior of this offense. Especially if he's coming off of a 5 week injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

As much as I like Bell. I just don't see him behind this OL, fresh off a foot injury lighting it up. All I hope for is to see some flashes of potential.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Right now, the best RB for this team is Dwyer.When your OL pass protects as poorly as this one, you need a RB who can step up and take the man who comes free. These days we hope that it is only one man who does.

Go back and watch both TDs to Brown, as well as a host of other big pass plays that Ben completed against the Bears. On how many of them did Dwyer (who was not around at the beginning of the game when the Steelers went down 17-0 early) step up and take out a rusher?

He had a very good game, and I'm not just thinking about his couple of decent runs. In today's NFL the number one priority for a RB not named Peterson is to help out his QB as a blocker.
    I saw the same good things from Dwyer. It still blows my mind that we cut him to keep Redman who offers nothing.

I would give Dwyer the start in London and work Bell in slowly
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I saw the same good things from Dwyer. It still blows my mind that we cut him to keep Redman who offers nothing.

I would give Dwyer the start in London and work Bell in slowly
    I agree... but we'll probably run him til the wheel falls off next game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree... but we'll probably run him til the wheel falls off next game.
    Please don't jinx him. Now I'm half expecting those wheels to come off after 2 more carries.

Legend

User Info Menu

With this type of injury, what are the chances of a re-occurrence if he's coming back even a little bit early? The Vikes are 0-3, just got beat bu a Hoyer led Browns team (without out their franchise RB), and have Ponder at QB. Why not take the extra 2 weeks with the bye and bring him out against the Jets on 10/13?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    With this type of injury, what are the chances of a re-occurrence if he's coming back even a little bit early? The Vikes are 0-3, just got beat bu a Hoyer led Browns team (without out their franchise RB), and have Ponder at QB. Why not take the extra 2 weeks with the bye and bring him out against the Jets on 10/13?
    You think the Steelers are good enough to keep their best players off the field and win games?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount