Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bell is back!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, congrats to Bell. I am encouraged that the Steelers are starting to see some of their young talent develop.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just wish the OL would open a few holes so we can see what he can do once he hits the second level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I just wish the OL would open a few holes so we can see what he can do once he hits the second level.
    Wouldn't that be nice to see a few holes created by the OL. It amazes me that we have so many all of a sudden believing that the OL is good enough to justify spending yet more premium draft picks on the defense in 2014. IMO that would be a huge mistake.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wouldn't that be nice to see a few holes created by the OL. It amazes me that we have so many all of a sudden believing that the OL is good enough to justify spending yet more premium draft picks on the defense in 2014. IMO that would be a huge mistake.
    Depends on how the draft falls. If an elite LT is there for the Steelers, no way do I seem them passing. I know some are convinced (for unknown reasons) that Mike Adams is the LT solution but he has MUCH to prove before I'm willing to buy that.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree that the line still needs major improvements and a franchise left tackle would be wonderful. Not until we can consistently get 3rd/4th and short running the ball will I be satisfied with the run blocking. It is amazing that the pass blocking looks so much better now that Ben has bought into Haley's system. Five or six weeks ago I thought we were years away with this line. I'm just stymied how well they are playing now compared to earlier in the season.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, congrats to Bell. I am encouraged that the Steelers are starting to see some of their young talent develop.
    Agreed. But isn't that the nature of YOUNG talent? It needs time to grow and develop. These days, fan bases (esp. ours) seems to think that simply stepping on an NFL field is going to automatically make a player great. It takes time, opportunity, experience hard work and skill for that to happen.

Now let's make sure we can hold onto that young talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

Walter Payton's rookie season: 196-679-7.

Le'Veon Bell's rookie season: 198-646-6.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

No matter how much everyone believes that outscoring your opponent is the way to win football games in the NFL, it really isn't. It might be during the regular season, but once you get into a one and done tournament relying on your offense to click on all cylinders for 3 or 4 games and possibly in nasty weather is a recipe for a loss and exit from the tournament. Having an above average to great defense and an average offense is a better recipe IMO.

DeCastro, Pouncey and Foster are a good inside trio, Gilbert has been showing flashes at RT, LT is really the only question mark and Adams may still develop into that role before it's all said and done. The OL isn't in shambles, IMO.

That being said, if one of the elite LTs (I'm not talking late 1st or early second, I mean a plug and play LT) is available when we draft I'd take him, otherwise, I'm going FS or CB in the first round. Clark is probably done and Allen and Golden aren't the answer. Taylor almost has to take a severe pay cut to be a Steeler next year, a play making corner in the first would be sweet. If a CB and FS are not there in the first, try and move back a few spots and then take Nix.

For me, Elite LT, FS or CB, move back and take Nix, and finally, if all of the above fail then ILB, is how I'd approach the Steelers first round pick in that order.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 12-17-2013 at 10:35 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

For me, Elite LT, FS or CB, move back and take Nix, and finally, if all of the above fail then ILB, is how I'd approach the Steelers first round pick in that order.

Pappy
    I can live with that, but I may replace a TE with Nix if a worthy TE is available. But truly TE and ILB are even on my list as desirables.

Legend

User Info Menu

If a franchise LT is there you take him.. if not, LT is Beacham's to lose. He has shown more than Adams and Gilbert combined at this point. If we take a LT in round 1, Beacham goes to RT and Adams/Gilbert fight it out for a roster spot.